Chapter 51

The other Mercs bristled at Bai's action. No one thought he would try to kill the girl, neither had Bai. But he lashed out after what happened with the Governor General. They new bodies were then selected and separated into the Velvet Piano to be taught. Bai went to find Mingxia Jie. During the time that Bai was busy stalking the Governor general, she was creating havock in Jiang. Just as she had planned, she had vandalised and scared the imperial family and senior officials. They were at their wits end with how to deal with Mingxia Jie. She; however, felt that whenever she left, someone was watching her. But whenever she looked back, no one was there. This gave her shivers at whether or not it was a figment of her imagination. While she was lounging on the grass, a black mountain lion came into view.

She wasn't expecting that tubby cat to turn into a small mountain lion. But wasn't that cat suppose to be a tiger?
-" I heard that Master. Besides I am a man. I have my own pride."
She rolled her eyes at the small mountain lion.
-" I still have a long way to go before becoming a tiger. Although this size is better than a cat, it's not ideal when fighting those masked men who've been stalking you."

Mingxia Jie froze momentarily.
-"How do you know that it was them?"
The mountain lion yawned, showing off  its sharp teeth. Rolling around in the soft grass he spoke
"It's quite easy Master. Once you get on my level that is."

Mingxia Jie's face turned black, and a vein popped out from her forehead. She would surely cultivate to shut up that damn tubby cat. The mountain lion sniggered in his heart. It was the only way to get her to focus more on her cultivation, or else she wouldn't be ready for the transformation that had yet to occur. They kept bickering until Bai appeared. When Bai saw the small black mountain lion, he found it odd. But not out of place. He sat down besides Mingxia Jie. He drooped his head on to Mingxia Jie's shoulder. She moved her shoulder away from Bai before he could lay his head on her. Bai huffed and tried again, only to be met with air and a lopsided view. He pouted and just curled up on the grass beneath him instead.

Mingxia Jie stared at Bai curiously. Bai met her gaze and raised an eyebrow.
-"What Jie'er?"
-"I'm being stalked."
-"Like that's a surprise."

Mingxia Jie raised a brow at the comment. She looked curiously at Bai playing with a piece of grass that had been completely covered in ice and then melted back to its original state.

-" How do you do that?"
-" How do I do what?"
-" That control with the grass."
-" Practice love."

She scowled at the nickname. Feeling bitter about her weak body she disappeared to go and cultivate. She clearly wouldn't be outdone by Bai or that tubby cat  
Hei Laohu. Bai looked at the Laohu lounging around.

-"Oi. Fatty."
Laohu let out a fierce growl. Bai clicked his tongue.
-"When do you plan on telling her what you plan to do to her?"

Laohu was surprised, he stood up and a transformation started to occur. Black mist surrounded Laohu as the creature let out a piercing roar. From the black mist came out the hand of a human being before getting sucked back into the back mist. Leaving an angry mountain lion. Laohu couldn't explain to the man anything till he could transform into his human form. Bai sniggered.

-"Cats got your tongue?"

Laohu merely turned around and started leaving. Bai quickly stood up and grabbed Laohu's tail. He jumped up at the action alerted of what Bai had done to him. Laohu glared at Bai with his canines showing. Bai had on a scowl of his own.

-" You haven't answered my question."

Laohu rolled his eyes at the mortal. Once his lover was reborn they could rule the world again, just as they had in the past. Laohu merely shook off Bai and shook his head. Disappearing into a mist of black before Bai could ask another question. Bai's gaze turned back to where Mingxia Jie had run off. He could feel the power she radiated from his current position. Thunder and lightning appeared above. Heavenly trials, as the lightning was about to strike down on the Velvet Piano a black miasma swallowed the lightning and disappeared as quickly as the lightning had hit.

He then felt the very ground shake with an unimaginable force as he heard the roars of a tiger. He couldn't believe it. Mingxia Jie had risen to the top in a matter of hours. The peak of the mortal level. He shivered at the monstrosity of Mingxia Jie, his thoughts going back to the black miasma. Had it absorbed the heavenly trial and pushed Mingxia Jie to the peak? It was the only logical explanation.

On the far side of the city, in the darkness of the forest. Laughter echoed, scaring away all of the magical creatures and anything living away from the forest. In the forest the masked men who had been chasing her cheered and jumped with the giddiness of children. They all momentarily stopped when they felt a presence as dark as their own. Our from the shadows appeared Laohu in his fully majestic black tiger form. The masked men stared with awe, before they fell to the ground, bowing respectfully to the tiger. In unison they spoke:

-" Lord of the Demons, welcome back. "

Laohu let out an ear piercing roar of pride. The black mist formed around Laohu as a pair of hands peeked out from under the black mist. Growls and shrieks exited the black mist. The mist faded and Laohu stood the same in his tiger form. He dejectedly laid in the grass, his servants stared in awe and confusion. The smartest of the group spoke up.

-" If this servant may be so bold. Master, I believe you have a seal preventing the transformation. A seal which only she can break."

Laohu watched his giddy servants at the thought of having their Queen back.