36: The Hunger Games

Hunger games AU

A request by guerrae
_______________________

Your Pov

"Today is the day." I mumble packing my stuff into a box. "You ready to go (______)?" My mother asks from the door frame. I look at her and then smile. "Yeah. I guess." I put the box on my empty bed and walk over to my mother. "You be safe!" My mother starts crying into my shoulder. "It's okay mum we get a partner in the games so I'll be protected." I mumble into her short brunette hair. "Well goodbye for now!" I say grabbing my bag and walking out of the house.

Caesar Flickerman Show

"Welcome Everyone To The 80th Hunger Games!" Caesar Flickerman   announces making the crowd go wild."Tonight we will Show the world the districts tributes. In district One we have Gloss and Cashmere!" a girl and guy both with blonde hair walk out onto the stage looking confident as they hold their hands high in the air. I look at my teammate as the nerves start to kick in who just gives me a side hug and a smile. "District Two we have Clove And Cato." A pair of teens like me and my teammate walk out on stage who seem pretty confident but the girl Clove seems a bit nervous. "And From district 3 We have (______) and Varian!" Varian grabs my hand and we walk on the stage.

(just change anything so it suits you)

After Caesar announced everyone's districts and the tributes we all headed into our training facility.

"Oh my goodness Katniss Everdeen is here!" I squeal seeing the famous archer. "(_____) we are not here to fan girl. We are here to not die!" Varian says annoyed. "Your right we should start practicing for tomorrow." I walk over to a board where loads of blades and weapons are held and scan around. I pick a sword from the board (-_- Why do I have to rhyme) and walk towards a barrel of apples. "Varian help me out?" I yell out across the training room. Varian walks over and tosses an apple in the air. With one quick and clean swipe horizontally I slice the apple in half and it tumbles to the floor.

After halving all the apples I look at the sword and smile. "Hopefully they have these in the arena." I say putting the sword back in its place. "Have you chose a weapon yet Varian?" I turn to look at varian and see him shooting a bow and arrow at targets. "Nice shooting!" Katniss says as he shoots his last arrow at the last bullseye." Thanks. I guess you could call me a straight shooter!" Varian laughs.

Time skip

Day 1

My heart beats fast as we rise up into the arena. Automatically I see that we are surrounded by jungle around the edge of the arena. Water surrounds each pedastle and the cornucopia and right away I can tell the water is very deep.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

GO!

Everyone dives forwards towards the centre into the water. I see varian to my left as I reach the surface for air. He is first to corn and he grabs a sword scabbard and a backpack. He then grabs a few daggers and stuffs those into the bag. I see him pull up a bow and arrow and he jumps into the water in front of me. "I have everything we will need to survive for a few days and grabbed a sword for you!" Varian says as he hands me the scabbard. "We should probably get out of here!" I say swimming towards the shore.

Varian and I get to the Sandy shore and start to run as I see Gloss and Cashmere in the water heading for us. "Come on varian I saw a cave from my pedastle so we can camp there." I say pulling his hand. He runs with me and we head into the dense jungle.

As I run into the cave with varian I get a lighter from his bag and set a few twigs on fire and placing them around the cave. "We should be safe here for the night." I look at the sky and it is darkening. "I'll take first night shift." Varian says setting a makeshift pillow for you.

"(______)! *Cough cough* (_____)!" I hear varians voice say to me. "Huh?" I open my eyes and see varian barely keeping together,  his stomach sliced open and my sword covered in blood with katniss and Flynn laying lifeless on the stone hard floor. "No Varian I need you!" I say starting to cry. "You can win without me!" he whispers and then his body goes limp and his chest stops rising up and down. "No no no no! Ugh this is why I shouldn't fall in love with my teammates!" I cry.  In the distance I hear 6 gunshots.

Day 2

Back on the move by myself through the jungle with a bag full of food drink and medical supplies plus a few daggers,  a sword and a cheerful smile.  I use varians bow to shoot down fruits from trees and I eat them as I make my way to the spring.

I didn't find the spring but I found some dead tributes so I looted them and then headed to cornucopia. As I do so though I find myself in between two districts fighting so I hide in a big log. After the tributes stop fighting I get out of the log and start walking towards corn again.

"Hey your not Clove!" I hear someone shout from behind me. I turn around just as the person throws one of their daggers at me. I dodge it but it slices my cheek. As I wince in pain another sharp pain shoots through my body as someone stabs me in the back. Literally. I feel the blade pull out and I drop to the floor before everything fades to black.
__________________________