c8

content warning: panic attack

————————

Can't breathe.

Can't breathe.

Not again.

Ki was gasping for air as her hands were shaking. She was at the doorway of her room, on the way to running out of it, when suddenly she couldn't anymore.

Usually when this happened she could at least make it half way to Shori's room.

The floor hit her harder than she thought it would. Her soft gray carpet wasn't enough to soften the blow of her whole body crashing down on it.

As she leaned back against the wall in her doorway, her eyes started blurring over, a sign the tears were starting to fall.

Ki could make out the red blurry numbers 4:38 AM on her bed stand clock.

She sat on the floor with her heartbeat racing, hyperventilating from the fear inside her dreams.

"Shori..." She gasped, knowing her brother wouldn't hear her from down the hall.

Stop it!

Ki brought her shaking hands up to her face and grabbed the hair beside her eyes with a stronghold.

"Stop it!" She yelled at her self, out loud this time.

She closed her eyes, as with the rate the tears were falling at she couldn't see anything when she opened them.

Her breaths were too short, pain entering her chest as she began to panic further.

"Please..." She pleaded with herself, praying that maybe some day she could make her awful imagination go away.

Ki started pulling at her hair, the anger in her mind spreading to her body.

She was thankful her door was open tonight. She could hear Shori's footsteps running down the hallway in an attempt to make it to her quickly.

"Ki?" He whispered, coming around the corner of her door frame.

Ki leaned her head down into her knees and started crying even harder.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're fine. You're safe." Shori rushed out, quickly kneeling to Ki's side.

Ki felt the warmth of her brother's arms as they wrapped around her shaking shoulders. She fell into him, her hands still lingering next to her face.

"Make it stop..." She sobbed, tears streaming into his shirt.

"Are you seeing him again Ki?" Her brother spoke softly as he grabbed one of Ki's hands.

Ki didn't remember how to nod in that moment, so instead she just took a few stifled breaths in as she gripped her fingers around Shori's hand.

"I'm sorry. God, I'm so sorry." He whispered, pulling her hand closer to his chest.

Ki's head followed their hands so that she was leaning up against his chest crying into his soft black tee shirt.

"You're gonna be okay." He hushed her, pulling back the stray hair on her forehead hanging wet from from tears.

Ki tried taking a deep breath, which hitched due to her constant tears. She grabbed on to Shori's shirt and pulled her legs in closer to her body.

She could feel Shori's chin resting against the top of her head. It seemed as if he tried to engulf as much of her as he could.

He was carefully pulling back the hair from her face, wiping a few of the tears from her cheek as he did so. Shori seemed rather kept together, but his voice sounded weak as it spoke to her.

"I am so sorry."