Chapter Five

"Fifth Year"

••••••••

"Are you sure that you feel well enough to commentate the match?" I rolled my emerald colored eyes at Remus asked me as we walked towards the Quidditch pitch.

Peter wasn't accompanying us, due to him having detention with Professor Slughorn. So, only Remus would be keeping me company as Sirius and James played.

"Yes, I'm sure." I chucked at the teenage werewolf beside me. "Besides Rem, I'll will literally just be sitting there and talking the entire time."

"Not exactly a grueling effort, is it?" He chuckled with a grin, before pointing to the lion painted on one cheek and the red sparkly 'G' on the other. "I still can't believe you painted those on your face."

"Hey, I like it and I'm supporting my friends. So, go and shove it, Moony." I laughed as we climbed up the steps to where I always sit to commentate matches. I sat down at the scoring table beside Professor McGonagall, Remus taking a seat next to me.

"Hello, Professor." I greeted the Gryffindor head of house with a smile.

"Afternoon, Scamander. Mister Lupin." The Scottish woman addressed us both with a nod. "I would prefer it, if we didn't have a repeat of the last match. So, please keep the unnecessary comments to a minimum, Scamander."

"I'll try my best, Professor." I laughed, knowing full well that it was going to happen anyway.

"Oh, and Scamander?" I turned towards the smiling older woman with my brows raised questioningly. "I'm glad to see that you're feeling better."

"We all are, Professor." Remus told his head of house with a smile, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Shit! It's starting!" I stated as I saw Madam Hooch step onto the pitch. I quickly brought the microphone closer to me and started my usual spiel.

"Good afternoon, Quidditch fans! Welcome to another exciting match that will be commentated by yours truly, Nora Scamander, aka everyone's favorite Hufflepuff!" I paused with a grin, hearing both my house and Gryffindor let out a wave of loud cheers.

"We've got a fantastic match for the lot of you tonight! First off let me introduce our teams tonight! Whether you love them or are easily annoyed by them, you can't say these gits aren't brilliant on the pitch! Lead by Captain James Potter—bloody brilliant seeker, that one— , it's Gryffindor!"

James shot out onto the pitch, followed by Sirius and the rest of the Gryffindor team. Remus and I applauded our friends along with the rest of the crowd.