Chapter 34 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 34
Marcus Pierce

Everyone is having a great time. Not only we're celebrating the agreement and alliance between our pack and the Cornerstone pack, but we're also celebrating everyone's acceptance of my mate. My human mate. Nigel has been by my side the whole time and he never once leaves. He's glued to me and every time my eyes would meet his, my heart would somersault. After that, he would give me a grin and hold my hand out.

Cloud, who is hosting the event with the other Alphas, is having Amritas, a Shaman drink that made me really drunk. As per Perry, I was worse than a kid when I was drunk and I couldn't even remember anything, not until he told me what I had done and said to him. The Amritas were given by the Shamans as a congratulation for being successful with widening the allegiance between werewolves and other creatures.

"Also," Cloud begins as his eyes the faces of his pack members and once done, he looks at his mate Kieran, holds his hand and lifts it, and gives it a kiss at the back. Kieran blushes. "I'd like to let everyone know that I'm getting married with my mate. I know it's a tradition with the humans, and even though we're mates and bonded already, I'd like to take him to the altar and make a promise. We both want to see us wearing a ring, signifying our undying love for each other. This is the first time this is going to happen, so I'd like to invite everyone to be a witness to that."

The crowd cheers and they share a passionate kiss in front of everyone. Perry and Dave yell at them to keep it PG-13 and my mate and I both laugh at them.

Nigel tugs on my arm and he jerks his head back to the forest. There's a faint blush on his cheeks and I want so bad to pinch it, but I'm sure he wouldn't like that. So I only nod at him, take his hand in mine, and lead him to the forest. If there's something that's bugging him, he can let me know and I'll be there to comfort him. Though I'm sure he didn't want to be alone with me just to tell me if he has a problem based on the expression he wears on his face.

"What is it, Nigel?" His blush deepens and I assure him with a smile that it's okay to tell me anything. And I mean anything. If he wants to talk about how owls are doing in broad daylight, okay; if he wants to talk to me about what if the sun replaces the moon in night and the sun with moon in daylight, then okay. "You can tell me anything under the sun."

"Um," he moves closer to me and I look at him, unsure of what to do. Nigel reaches for the hem of my shirt and fiddles with it, hiding his deep-shade red cheeks away from my sight and I have to resist the urge to laugh because of his adorableness. "I... want to be with you."

Furrowing my brows, I say, "But you are already with me. I mean, we're together, right? Like, we're dating?"

He nods at me, his mouth opening as if he wants to say something more, but he closes it and wraps his arms around me, burying his face in my chest. I wrap my arms around him and smell his intoxicating scent – a combination of melon and his natural smell. It tickles my nostril, getting into my system and I can't get enough of his smell. I lean down and begin to suck on his neck, licking and nipping his sensitive spot and a groan escapes his lips, to which I smirk as a reply.

"Tell me what you really want, Nigel..." I murmur against his skin, my lips now attached on his collarbone and I receive another groan from him. My fingers fumble with the hem of his shirt, my thumb slightly grazing the skin on his stomach. "I'll give it to you. Anything. Just tell me..."

"Ugh – I..." he pants, his arms now on my back, gripping my shirt. "I want to be mated to you."

I pull him away out of my grasp, staring at him in his face, wondering if I've heard the right thing. Nigel looks up at me through his lashes, and the red tint on his cheeks never fade away. I cup his face with my hands and rest my forehead against his, shutting my eyes and slowly letting his words sink into my head. Nigel's grip on my shirt loosens and starts rubbing on my back. I like the feeling.