Chapter 25

Harry's POV

Louis gently shook me awake in his arms as we lay on the bed, "Morning, Sunshine. Time to get up." I smiled and tried to open my eyes, Lou brought me closer to his face and kissed my forehead lightly.

I slowly sat myself up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "Goodmorning, Lou-Lou. What are we doing today?"

He sat up too, then he smiled at me and ruffled my curls before speaking again, "Well, my little ray of sunshine, today we are spending the day out. I need to talk to my father, quickly check in on Zayn and Perrie and then spend the rest of the day out with you."

"Really!? Yay, can't wait!!" He laughed at me as I bounced in my spot on his bed.

"Calm down, Hazza. Let's get some breakfast, what do you say?" I jumped out of bed and grabbed his hand with both of mine, trying to pull him up out of bed as well, he hopped out lazily and got dressed into some skinny jeans and a band tee.

"I say 'eye eye, captain!'" He laughed at me once more as I dragged him downstairs and started looking around the kitchen for some sort of food or some equipment to make food.

Lou walked up behind me and placed his hands on my waist, pulling me into him. I jumped at the sudden contact and stood up straight from my previous position, bent over, looking in the cupboard of pots and pans.

He rested his chin on my shoulder and spoke gently and slowly, I could feel his breath on my neck, the tickly feeling sent shivers down my spine as I shuddered under his touch, "How about I make the food, you can sit down and watch some telly if you want."

I complied and went over to the living room, then switched on the telly. Ice age was playing and about halfway through already, I sat on the couch and quietly watched the movie.

Louis placed a lap tray next to me, it had two slices of french toast placed on a plate with a cup of tea next to it and cutlery on the opposite side. He placed some choices of toppings on the coffee table and sat down next to me with his own lap tray of food.

He grabbed the tomato sauce and squirted some onto his toast while I went for the sweeter option, sprinkling sugar onto mine. We ate our breakfast and watched the movie until we were finished, then we stopped at my house so I could get dressed.

We were in my room and as I changed clothes, Louis ditched his band shirt and pinched a jumper from my closet. So when I came out from the bathroom in clean clothes he had on a black jumper with a red, green and yellow flower design on it, the jumper reached his mid-thighs and gave him sweater paws.

I giggled at his adorableness as he flapped his arms like a bird, the extra material creating a small breeze since the sleeves were so long on him. We laughed together for a bit but then exited my room, we were on our way out when we were stopped by Gemma, "He's the boyfriend, right? I don't believe we have officially been introduced."

She eyed him with disgust plastered on her face and Louis looked down at his feet self consciously, I'd never seen him this scared and vulnerable. I could tell he really wanted her approval but knew he certainly didn't have it, he wanted her to like him but he and I both knew she didn't.

I pulled him in protectively and held his head in my chest, I shook my head at her with annoyance and walked off with Lou still in my arms.

He seemed to be in a childish clingy mood at the moment but I loved it, he was absolutely adorable when he acted like this. We left the house and headed for the woods, holding hands and swinging them back and forth, "Who's clothes were on the top shelf in your closet? They aren't yours, I know that for sure. I'm sorry for being so nosey and rude but, it just bothers me, some other guy's got his own shelf of clothes in MY mate's bedroom."

I loved how protective he was being, freaking out about Niall's shelf of clothes, "Calm down, Boo. They're just Niall's for when we sleep at each other's house, I have clothes at his place too. If it makes you too uncomfortable I'll give him his clothes back and get mine from him as well."

A blush formed on his cheeks and he looked down shyly, "Sorry, guess I just freaked out a little. Won't happen again, I promise."

"No, don't say that, it's so cute when you get jealous and protective like that," I pecked him on his pink-tinted cheek, "I love it, and I love you."

He laughed at me and we walked in a comfortable silence until we reached Pack House, his mood seemed to drop the second he saw his father sitting outside. Lou dropped my hand and walked up to him, I was pulled to the side by a young girl, she looked about 7 with bright green eyes much like my own and long black hair.

"Hi there, my name is Ella. My mummy is hunting so I'm allowed to play, I was gonna go to the lake just a little ways past Pack House. Do you want to come with me, you seem very nice and a bit bored I think, do you have a friend here somewhere?" The girl had a very cheerful personality, obviously a very chatty one too. I smiled down at her and pointed over to Lou who was talking to his dad, probably about me or about Eleanor.

"That's my friend, over there." Her jaw dropped as she looked at Louis with disbelief.

"You're friend is Lou-Lou? He's my friend too! That's so cool, we should ask him to come with us to the lake," She looked up at me and seemed to be checking out my hair for some strange reason, "You have curly hair! It's like chocolate too, that means your the boy my mummy says that Lou-Lou loves. You are much better than that mean old pillock he was supposed to marry. Anyway, let's see if Lou-Lou wants to come to the lake!"

She started running up to him and was about to interrupt him and his dad, which I knew was a mistake so I chased after her and swept her up in my arms, "I think Lou-Lou needs to talk to his dad by himself for a bit, you and I can just go."

She nodded excitedly as I set her down on the ground and began skipping off past Pack House, Lou and I made eye contact and he sent me a questioning look. I nudged my head in Ella's direction and as soon as he saw her skipping off happily he nodded, clearly knowing what she was like.

I followed after her and she stopped with a boy who looked a little younger than her, once she saw me she opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself, waited a moment and spoke again, "What's your name, Curlyboy? This is Ryan, he wants to come with us to the lake."

I smiled at Ryan, then turned back to Ella, "My name is Harry, did Ryan's parents say it was okay for him to come with us?"

Ryan looked down sadly, "My mummy and daddy is dead..." A tear slipped down his face and Ella backed up awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ryan. What happened to them?" I knelt down on one knee and hugged him, sitting him on my knee.

"My daddy hurt mummy til she tried to run, then he hurt her too much so he got dead as well from the Calder Pack." I was taken aback by his answer, that's just horrible.

He wiped away his tears and smiled as best he could, "I was already sad about this, let's go to the lake and be happy now!" He laughed, I could tell he obviously missed his mother but he knew he should just move past it and enjoy himself.

We ran to the lake together, I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it onto the grass. We jumped in together, laughing at the big splash it made. The water reached just below my chest and Ella was treading water, not being able to reach the ground but she clearly knew how to swim.

Ryan, on the other hand, was having a lot of trouble keeping his head above the water. His head dipped under the water for a second, so I quickly lifted him up by his sides and rested him on my hip.

We stayed in the lake for a while, splashing around and just playing. We pulled silly faces and made each other laugh, Ryan and Ella seemed to be quite close, I found out he actually lived with her and her family because their mums were best friends. I had heaps of fun with them, I knew that I definitely had to come back and see them again, maybe I'll offer to babysit them sometime.