Arc 4.7 Queen Mother

The large man standing at a towering 192 centimeters tall with short, lustrous white hair with the bangs pulled back over his forehead and possessed a sharp, frosty pair of silver-blue eyes a shade darker than Alex's own swept his ruthless gaze across the other two inhabitants of the armory before letting it rest on Alex.

'Why is it that I have a very bad feeling all of a sudden? Wasn't everything fine just a few minutes ago?'

[Sigh. Need I remind you every time? The joke is getting old and overused.]

'You're old and overused! Your entire family is old and overused!'

[I don't have a family]

'Serves you right!'

[You, also, don't have a family.]

'Hmph, unlike you, I don't actually care.'

[FY]

'Fuck you, too! And all of your future hosts!'

"Alex Aldebaran," The glacial man standing by the door's deep sonorous voice echoed ominously within the armory that suddenly felt much, much smaller than it actually was.

Of course, by now if Alex couldn't tell that the man blocking the doorway was the one and only male lead Nile Betelgeuse and also her dearest husband that she was just asking for, she'd be courting her own death. He seemed to be furious with her.

'Was it Zero?' She cursed that retarded red ball of fluff inwardly, as she was pretty sure the only thing he excelled in was fanning the flames between her and the man before her.

[Who else could it be? It's not like your husband has clairvoyance yet. He doesn't meet the requirements even after 1000 years.]

'Why didn't you intercept him?'

[Host, Zero is a higher being than us normal systems.]

'You are seriously...so useless.' Alex couldn't keep her eye from twitching.

[K. See you in the void space, host. Best of luck!]

'Wait, wh--'

[System 001 is currently offline. Try again later.]

"Nile~ I was just thinking about how much I missed you~" Please don't kill me.

She knew Nile must have been eating an entire ocean's worth of vinegar at the moment, especially since he was pouting and giving her the silent treatment in addition to the cold glare.

Alex would have been trembling like his and her own companions who had all frozen from the immense pressure (where an extra dose was adhered onto Tyler and Faust) that was exerted upon them, but having known the man for three different lifetimes prior to this one she did not miss the flash of grievance within those glassy orbs of his.

Rising from her seated position on the floor, Alex sidled up to his side and reached out for his left bicep with both hands. Unfortunately, Nile had to be stubborn and deflected her attempt, earning her a disdainful snort from the woman standing less than three feet behind him.

Alex rolled her eyes at both Nile and the female lead before shaking her head helplessly, getting ready to head back to her harem.

I tried, honey. But you just had to OD on vinegar and didn't appreciate my honest efforts. You even brought along a random thot ah. Two can play at that game, but I'm pretty sure we both know who will win this round since one of us is clearly more lovestruck than the other. As they say, those who fall first, always lose.