Chapter 48

A Moment of Silence

Time passes smoothly and it has been pretty boring because I badly wanted to finally see my little baby. The baby is now on its eighth month and my bump is quite larger than I imagined it would be but as long as I feel it.

It has been kicking me nonstop, seems like I will soon have a little soccer player though.

Caius dreamed that it will be a girl but I dreamed the other night that it's a boy, running around the house, eyes and hair are just like Caius. Well, I haven't figured it out yet what shall I name it if it was a boy and we wanted the gender to be a surpise. The baby equipments are already settled. There is a vacant room in the house that was renovated to be a nursery room.

As you can see, everything is well planned already. Knowing Caius, he doesn't like to enter something without thinking ahead of it so he has everything under control.

"What are you spacing out, baby?" The voice of my husband brings me out of my day dream as he  comes out of the bathroom, his hair still damp from the shower and his masculine scent that I really love fills my nostrils. The smell of Caius always makes me relax eversince my mood swings are fills me. I always wanted to smell his scent and I don't know why.

"Nothing." I sigh, while rubbing my belly.

Caius puts on his favorite grey sweatpants before jumping on the bed. He places an arm around me and pulls me down to his chest while his other hand was resting on top of my bump as well, rubbing it with me. "In just a few more days, we will be seeing our little cristal." he whispered.

"No, I am positive that it's a boy, Caius." I argued with him with a slight frown.

Caius pinched my nose, teasingly. "No, it's a girl."

"Whatever. Why do you always insist that it's a girl? What we had is only a dream."

"Because I don't want to share you with another guy." He answered, straightforwardly, catching me by surprise.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "But he is your son, Caius. That's totally different."

"I know, but for now...I don't want to share you with another guy." He whispered, muttering to be exact. "But come what may...they just need to know that when night comes, mommy is all mine."

"Are you trying to say that you will compete with the baby?"

"Just for your attention." He replied.

I laughed at his answer. "Well, you don't have to compete because you both will receive all the attention you need from me."

Caius chuckled huskily and just gave up. "What else can I ask for that? A wife and a child...Never thought that I will receive such happiness in my whole boring life."

"It's not a boring life, you have an amazing career, Caius. A supporting family and you have the best male friends who can definitely understand your awful attitude."

He turns to me and just let out a smile. "You always see the goodness in me. How wonderful."

"Well, that's because I'm your wife and I love you." I sneakily wrapped my arms around his torso lean my head on his hard chest.

His chest vibrated as he laughs softly and loops his arm around my shoulder, providing me what I really needed while dipping his nose on top of my head. "I love you." he whispered back and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes tightly and just let myself feel his warmth and enjoyed what it is like to be in his arms. Looking back to the day we first met when I opens my eyes at the hospital, I knew that there is something in this man that I just can't put my finger to it. Those cold piercing eyes that went straight to my heart and left something in there that even until now, it is still here. Who would have thought that a man like him would even fall for me? And I never thought that I could marry anyone aside from Gale and it turns out, I would not marry anyone aside from Caius.