2 ~ Baby

CHAPTER TWO

ANG PAGBAGSAK ng ulan kanina ay ang dahilan kung bakit wala sa oras na napapasok sila sa mansyon. Hindi na pinilit pang manatili sa loob ng sasakyan. Ang pagdating ng masamang panahon ay hindi niya rin inaasahan.

"This mansion is a bit old. I can tell," Brooke said, scanning the whole place.

He's sitting comfortably on the single sofa. The aura of being a boss is on him. The authority and power were around him. It's kinda intimidating, maybe that's the reason why her heart keep beating so loud whenever she looks on him.

"This mansion was from my grandfather. Ipinama niya kay daddy,"

Nakapameywang siya habang inililibot din ang paningin sa kabuan ng lugar. She had some childhood memories in this mansion, but she spent most of her childhood and teenage days in United States of America, since her father was a US Citizen and USA Military, but he retired in Philippines. She has a dual citizenship, too.

"Where's your father?" Brooke ask casually.

Napahugot siya ng hangin sa dibdib. The pain and longing on her heart suddenly appeared.

"He passed away last year."

"Oh, sorry 'bout that."

"And we are in need of financial support for my mother. That's why I'm selling this mansion even if I don't want to,"

She crossed her arms above her chest, not knowing that Brooke is staring at her. She's standing right in front of the grand staircase, he was facing her back, just a meters away.

"Paano pala kung umatras ako sa pagbili sa mansyon na 'to?"

Bumaling siya sa binata dahil sa sinabi nito. Napaatras pa siya ng bahagya nang tumayo ito at gumawa ng ilang hakbang palapit sa kanya. Ang kaba sa dibdib niya ay bumalik, pagpasada palang ng tingin nito sa katawan niya ay hindi na siya mapakali.

"There are many businessman who's eyeing this mansion. Hindi lang naman ikaw," she said, stating the fact. "We could wait for another client if you ever change your mind."

Brooke took a another intimidating step closely. Hindi niya napigilan ang mapalunok sa nakaambang paglalapit ng katawan nila.

"That's not the right way to talk to a client. You should encourage me to buy this mansion."

His eyes suddenly drifted on her lips, she's so aware that she notice his every single moves. She saw how his jaw move a bit while staring dangerously on her lips. Pansamatala ay naitikom niya ang bibig sa sobrang kaba.

"I'm...I'm not good in sales talk. Isa pa, mabigat sa loob ko na ibenta 'tong mansyon. This is the only memories I have with my dad. This mansion is very important to him. I don't want to...to sell this," she said in a low tone, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm not going to buy this mansion,"

Sumakit ang dibdib niya sa narinig. Kung para saan 'yon ay hindi niya masabi pa. Hindi rin siya natutuwa.

"B-Bilhin mo na, kailangan ko talaga ng pera."

"I will buy this mansion, but in one condition."

He's hiding a smirk on his lips. The stubble on his jaw, making him look so manly. His divided chin is so appealing to her.

"Condition?" She repeated nervously.

They are almost inches away, isang hakbang pa nito ay siguradong magtatama ng ang katawan nila. Why does he need to be so close to her? Pwede naman sila mag-usap ng ilang dipa ang layo nila, hindi 'yung ganito, nahihirapan siya sa lapit nito sa kanya.