Chapter Nine

Summer POV

I walk around aimlessly, my barefeet crunching on the twigs under me. Where was I? My hands fall on my stomach and fear strikes my heart. It's flat. Did I have my babies? Where's Ryan?

The sound of snapping caused me to turn around to see the familiar black wolf. A sense of security flows over me until his body began to morph. The sounds of bones popping causing concern to arise as his fur disappeared and was replaced with skin.

The wolf was replaced with Xavier.

Staring into his eyes, I wanted to be scared. I wanted to run away and be safe in Ryan's arms. Yet, my feet carried me to Xavier as he stood cautiously. My arms wrap around his neck as his hands snake around my waist.

I search his eyes for some sort of explanation, but I came up empty. I guess it is time for our words to come into play.

"What is this, Xavier?" I ask him.

He gives me a small smile as he placed his forehead on mine and I let out a content sigh. My body started to vibrate and hum along with his and everything just felt so right. My heart flutters and everything felt so right.

"This was how we should have met, Summer. This is how our story should have started," Xavier whispers.

I raise my eyebrow in question to what he meant. Our story? What about the fact that he just went from a wolf into a human?

"What about the whole wolf thing?"

"Werewolf, darling, I'm sure you've read about us," Xavier nonchalantly says.

I still stare confused as he clears his throat.

"And I'm sure you've heard about mates."

I giggle. That's why I feel this way. Xavier and I are mates, that makes total sense... in the dream world. Xavier pulled me deeper into his body as I lay my lips onto his.

The question still goes on in reality. Why does he make me tingle? Why do we have sparks when we touch? And most importantly, why do I want be his girl so bad when I Ryan.

Ryan! Oh my gosh, what if I'm talking in my sleep!

"I have to get to Ryan," I excuse myself.

Xavier nods and with a wave of his hand we dissolved to black.

I groan as I wake up to pressure. Has my labor started? Is that really going to be the dream that kicks me off into labor? A yell escapes my throat causing Ryan to jump out of his sleep.

Instantly, his hand lands on my stomach causing the pressure to relieve. My body relaxes as Ryan runs circles on my stomach. He has to teach me his magic touch.

"Everything okay?" He asks tiredly. His eyes still closed as he lays his head on my chest.

"Just some pressure... baby... I'm scared," I tell him.

Ryan opens his eyes to look up at me. I stared down into his eyes as tears pooled.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.

I think I'm growing immense feelings for your brother and soon I might fall in love with him.

"Our babies are really fighting their way into this world and we haven't found a doctor to help deliver them," I lie.

"My family has a doctor that helps with every generation, the family doctor, I can get my dad to call him," Ryan says.

I fake relax as he quietly fell back to sleep and I was left up thinking about his brother.

That morning, Princeton invited us over to the family house. I walked in with worry, hoping I didn't see Xavier because I don't know what my body would do if I saw him.

"Hey dad," Ryan greets his father as we entered the house.

"Good morning Ryan, extremely good morning Summer," Princeton grins.

Ryan playfully nudges his father as I laugh and give Princeton a hug. Princeton joins in as we make our way into the living room where a man was sitting there. Seemingly waiting for us.

"Oh! You've called Ducky, that saves me a conversation," Ryan tells his dad as I stood there awkwardly.

Ryan turns to me and begins to introduce the short man.

"Summer, this is Mr. Mallard, our family doctor," Ryan introduces.

Realization crosses my face as Mr. Mallard shakes my hand with a comforting smile. It is nice that Princeton did call him.

"The family calls me Ducky and you should too," he tells me.

I giggle and nod as we all take a seat in the living room.

"I'm sorry if this is a overwhelming feeling for you, but I wanted you too meet Ducky because he has helped give birth too almost every generation of this family," Princeton explains.

"Yes, my dear, and I always try to get to know my patients before delivery," Ducky adds on.

I nod my head in understanding. This does a take a few extra weights off my shoulder.

"That's great, I'm sure you know I'm having twins, but I want to have a home birth," I explain.

Ducky and Princeton stared in shock as I give a sly smile. I know how risky it is for me to have a home birth. It's even riskier with me having twins. Yet, this is what I want for my children.

"Well, that changes a few things," Ducky says.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" Princeton asks.

"Yes dad, we both agreed on this," Ryan speaks up.

Princeton and Ducky still sat there with their troubled looks. Before I could ask what was going on I froze. Someone was looking at me.

Turning my head, my eyes peered through the window where Xavier was standing shirtless. I tried to take in as much as I could, almost cursing at the fact he was wearing jeans.

A slight heat raised itself through my body. I felt it flow throw my veins like lava which caused my body temperature to rise even more.

"Y'all smell that?" Ryan asks.

Xavier winks at me before walking back into the woods. I catch my breath, but my body heat still didn't calm down.

Turning away from the window, I turned to Ryan who gazed at me with a hazy look of lust in his eyes. He better go jack off because I'm not going into premature labor because of him.