A Plan in Motion

"Jason!" I chase after him all over the house. Damn his long legs and his athleticism. "Dude! Stop, stop, stop!"

Of course, my feet chooses this moment to trip on a piece of Jason's pile of clothes on the ground. "Gah!!!" I scream as I land face first on his wooden floor.

I hear Jason's footsteps stop and patter towards me. I lift my head up, blowing my hair out of my face. We stare at each other.

"Pfftt.." We snicker at each other. I don't know why we are but it's just one of those weird sibling things. "Owww.." I groan after our laugher dies down, rubbing my forehead and nose. Oh, my poor nose.

"Tsk," Jason clicks his tongue at me. "So clumsy little sis."

"I got your attention, didn't I?" I smirk even though my face hurts. Then, I push his clothes away and grab one to throw at him. "Dude, clean up your room. Why do you have all your clothes on the ground?"

"Eh." He crouches down and picks me up. "The answer is no."

"C'mon! I don't know what's up with you and Zach.." must be a guy thing I think? "...but you should be the mature one and talk it out with him. It might be some misunderstanding or something. Hell! I don't know what's really going on because you didn't even tell me the entire damn thing!"

"It's really none of your business." He turns around to leave, seeming miffed that I keep pestering him about this subject ever since Zach came up to us a week ago to clear the air. "I thought you were going to drop this entire subject?" I can see his eyes glare dangerously at me.

"Uh.." I gulp, looking away. Why must he get his glare going on? Jason is scary when he does that.

"Please! Please! Please!" I try a pouty sad face. hopefully, it will work. "I've never really asked you to do anything so can't you just talk to him for once?"

He seems to be fighting internally between the choices. "We shall see." he eventually answers me after a while. "Now, can we please just stop talking about this stuff? you're like obsessed or something." he grabs me by my waist and chucks me out of the room. With a bang, he shuts and locks his door.

"That was rude!" I pound on his door a couple times after I dust myself off. Thank god the outside is carpet.

"Hm.." I giggle softly to myself as I think of the most brilliant plan ever.

I'm going to trick him into meeting Zach by making him believe he's going to a meeting with one of Don's good friends, who just so happen to be a scout for a professional football league. This plan is ingenious! I can call Jason to say that the guy has some business he wants to talk to Jason about Jason's college plans and other stuff. Jason's about to go to college so it shouldn't be at all suspicious.

I kind of feel bad tricking him though...

But it's just driving me crazy that Jason can't forgive and forget. I want him to be happy and deep down I'm sure he wants to make things up with Zach.

"Okay, time for planning." I skip to my room.

I start with Zach, calling him and asking him about his availability. shocking to say, I've been talking to him more the past week. He openly answers all my questions and seems pretty decent so far. that is, he isn't getting pissed at all my questions.

Zach is going to a psychologist regularly and starting to disband his gang, though that's the only part he won't tell me a thing about. based off of my assortment of gang-related books, disbanding a gang or something is tough as hell and chaotic. for once, I'm gonna stay the hell away.

I set the "date" between them to be in three days. Then, I call Alex.

"Yo Alex!" I greet him.

"Emmalyn?" He sounds shocked, which makes sense since I haven't really contacted him since the beginning of summer. I'm a crap friend. Yes, just friends.