Video Games Part 6

Request: They find you playing Monster Hunter World and you teach them how to play.

WARNING! possible spoilers, I tried not the spoil anything.

Joseph Seed-

Joseph wasn't a fan of your video games, especially when they involved mindless violence, so you decided to show him the appeal of the games. You did this by teaching him how to pay, he accepted your offer when you suggested that you teach him despite his issues with the game. It took some time to talk him through how you play the game, he remembered what button did what action in the game but his combat skills were poor.

Once you taught him how to play, you made a new game for him. Joseph was definitely more a fan of the story lines and the characters rather than the fighting. His favourite part of the game was the lore, he enjoyed learning about history and religion and things like that even if it was relating to a fiction universe. He was a little amused when you made him a character that kind of looked like him, but he liked the fact that you could customise your character.

Jacob Seed-

Jacob never-minded you playing video games, he never played then with you but he did sometimes enjoy to watch you play them. Eventually you decided that you would try to teach him how to play Monster Hunter World. He was the fastest learner out of all the siblings, which you were thankful for. He began to take the game quite seriously, especially when it came to combat.

Once you taught him how to play, and he was getting pretty good, you made a new game for him. He looked at you quizzically when you insisted in customising his character for him, but rolled his eyes affectionately when he realised that you made the character look as much like him as possible. Of course Jacob enjoyed the combat side of the game but he actually liked the lore as well when you started telling him about it. Jacob likes to know the history of the area that he is fighting in, he wants to know what happened and why it happened, you liked that about him.

John Seed-

John usually enjoyed watching you play video games, watching you react and get really into it. He was never really interested in playing them himself but when you offered to teach him to play Monster Hunter World, he wasn't going to say 'no'. He was pretty hard to teach, you had to be extremely patient. John would loose his temper when he died or when he did something that he didn't want to do, eventually (with a lot of will-power) you managed to get him to calm down and relax. Then he started doing better in the game, which made him happy and was a relief to you.

When you thought that John was ready, you started a new game for him so that he could learn about some of the lore. The law interested him a little bit, it would've interested him more if he wasn't busy talking to you. Sometimes you wonder if he is actually capable of staying quiet. Once you got him to shut up and pay attention, he began to get a little more into learning about the lore as you explained it to him. John thought it was adorable when you made a character for him that looked as much like him as you could possibly do.

Faith Seed-

Faith had never really played video games but was willing to let you teach her because she knew that you enjoyed it, and it would give you both something else to do together. She was the best listener out of the siblings but still took some time to get use to the control. She did try her best though, but she was easily distracted by things happening around her or a certain piece of scenery that caught her attention. She just enjoyed having you teaching her, to be honest.

When you made a new game for her, to introduce her to the lore, you made her a character that looked like her. She thought that it was pretty cool how you could customise the character and make it look like you, and she thought that it was sweet that you would make a character for her. She was interested in the lore and happily listened to you as you explained it to her, but her favourite part of the game (just like the other games that you played) was the interesting scenery.

All-

After teaching them all to play the game, you decided to get them all onto multiplayer with you. You thought it would be a good idea at the time, you were wrong.

Faith kept getting left behind because she got distracted by something and wanted to get a closer look. "Wait! Where did you all go?" and you would have to go back and get her while making sure that everybody else stayed together.

John would manage to get lost every other minute. "Where are you? I know! I'm next to the tree! What other tree!" He would shout, argue and mumble until you found him and guided him back to the group.

Jacob would keep wandering off to find something to fight, either pulling you off course or getting you all into trouble, that was his favourite part of the game and he was surprisingly good at it.

Joseph was the only one who always managed to stay by your side, but The Father was useless when it came to fighting and having your back in combat.

All in all, it was like babysitting...it's a good thing that you love them.

Requests?