Epilogue 2

Dear Famille' members.

The cold winter is over, and by the time I noticed it was already spring. How are you all? I have something I want to tell you, so I'm writing this letter. It's been a few years since we decided to make the Famille' as an orphanage. I'm happy that, from what I hear everyone is fulfilling their dreams, Kasumi's training to become a doctor and is now working as a trainee with Raika who's training to become a nurse, and I heard Reimako has returned from France on her training to become a chef I can't wait to taste your cooking again, Yomiko congratulations on the successful drama series I watch every episode of it, you were wonderful, and Miyoko i'm glad you're finally decided to join the air force goodluck and I know you can be a great pilot just like your father.

To celebrate the fulfillment of everyone's dreams, we can have a reunion...let's have a party like the old days. I await your reply.

From your former landlady

Tegemi Mikahara

A few months after sending that email to the former Famille' members...

In front of the orphanage which they kept the name Famille'.

"How nostalgic..."

Standing in front of our former home, I pull out my cell phone...I dialed a number and...

"Oh, hello? Headmistress?"

"Oh my! Tegemi? It's been a while..."

"Yes, it's been a while."

"What is it? Calling me so suddenly..."

"Yeah...I'm in front of the Famille' right now..."

"Oh you are?! You can come inside...that is your home you know, you're meeting your old friend there today, right?"

"The staff and children are camping, so it's reserved for you today, Tegemi."

"It's because I wanted to thank you more time for that reservation, that I called you, to thank you sincerely."

"Oh dear, no need to thank me, you gave up your home after all for us, we should be the one thanking you."

"I hope today's reservation can even slightly repay you all..."

"Oh, headmistress as Mina always say, it's our pleasure."

"Still, thank you so much, Tegemi."

"I'm just glad we could helped the children."

"Kind as always..."

"Well, anyway...enjoy the Famille'for today, Tegemi."

"Yes we will, thank you again."

Hanging up the phone...I look once more at my former home.

"It's really been a while..."

"Nothing's changed."

Looking at this place once more gives a smile to my face.

"And so, then..."

I pull the key to the Famille' out of my pocket

Even since this became an orphanage, they haven't changed the entrance lock.

As I step in from the entrance, I stop at my feet.

"This..."

Murmuring, I brush the hallway walls. Noticing the children's drawing are hanging from a bulletin board near the entrance hall.