Doesn't Your Daughter Like Shoes?

Feng Chen Yu was forced to accept the mess left behind by Chen shi. Seeing that Feng Yu Heng had no other requests, she quickly informed the matriarch that she would be leaving to write the letter.

With her departure, Han shi visibly let out a sigh of relief. It was as though she had fought and won a war, with a look of joy emerging on her face.

The money had been retrieved, which meant that her Fen Dai would have money in her dowry, amounting to fifty thousand taels.

Fen Dai was a concubine's daughter. When a concubine's daughter married out of the family, her maternal family would not provide much for dowry, and she herself did not have a source of income. This fifty thousand taels would be significantly more than what would be given by the Feng family.

Thinking of this, Han shi's looked towards Feng Yu Heng with a flattering gaze. Happy, she went forward and said: "This concubine thanks second young miss for providing for the fourth young miss' dowry."

Feng Yu Heng waved her hand, "I am giving a pair of shoes is all. It is a pair of already worn shoes too. Concubine mother Han does not need to take it to heart."

"Hm?" With these words, not only was Han shi startled, An shi and the matriarch were also slow to react. Han shi quickly followed up and asked: "What shoes is the second young miss talking about?"

Feng Yu Heng very naturally said: "Fourth sister really likes my shoes. This is something concubine mother Han should know. That day when I returned from the palace, fourth sister ran over without a care for anything else and lifted my dress. This was just to see my shoes. Since it is like that, as a sister, how could I not understand. As the saying goes, one must cater gifts to the tastes of the receiver. Since fourth sister like my shoes to such a degree, Wang Chuan," She called for her servant, "After we have returned to Tong Sheng pavilion, bring out all of the shoes that I have worn. Clean them well and send them to the fourth young miss."

Wang Chuan acknowledged this: "This servant will remember it."

Feng Yu Heng continued: "Money is a worldly possession. Fourth sister is the beloved daughter of the honorable prime minister's family. She naturally would not like to be covered in the smell of metal. Thus, concubine mother Han, you do not need to thank me too much. In the future, the shoes that I have worn, I will remember to send them to fourth sister, so she can play with them."

Han shi was stupefied. She liked her shoes? What sort of person would like to wear someone else's old shoes.

But how could she refute this? Feng Yu Heng had said it. That day, Fen Dai had lifted her skirt because she liked her shoes. If she refuted it now, that would be telling everyone that Fen Dai did not run over to look at the shoes.

Although everyone understood this logic, and Fen Dai had been punished, she had to make it clear to everyone, that was still unacceptable.

Han shi was depressed over this grievance she could not speak of. Thinking of how she could not acquire any amount of money, and what sorts of horrible things Fen Dai would say later, she became even more depressed.

Feng Yu Heng could not be bothered with her. Acting evil on her own, she should not live. When you two act, as mother and daughter, why do you not make any considerations for the future?

She turned back around and faced the matriarch and An shi. Smiling, she said: "Fourth sister voluntarily gave up on her share of the dowry, but I do not want to take it for myself. Thinking about it, father will not care too much about this small sum of money, so it will be split between grandmother and third sister. Take it as a token of my feelings as a granddaughter and as an older sister."