No Zuo No Die

When Feng Chen Yu finally heard that the seventh prince, Xuan Tian Hua, would also be attending Princess Ding An's birthday banquet, she shyly agreed to also head over to Ding An palace.

Her coy expression did not escape Feng Yu Heng's eyes. Thinking of Xuan Tian Hua's carefree appearance, it did not fit with Feng Chen Yu no matter what.

Who was attending the birthday banquet was finally set. Because of this banquet, Feng Yu Heng recalled what Xuan Tian Ge had mentioned at the temple about a Mid-Autumn banquet. She called Wang Chuan: "Go take a look at the fabrics gifted by Xuan Tian Ming. See which one is suitable for Autumn and prepare a set of clothes to wear for Mid-Autumn."

Wang Chuan saw that Feng Yu Heng finally remembered to make use of the those materials and let out a sigh of relief: "Young miss, if you still did not use those materials, then this servant would have to remind you."

"Why?" Feng Yu Heng was puzzled, "Aren't they all very expensive fabrics? I really could not bring myself to use them."

Wang Chuan told her: "No matter how expensive they are, that's only for other people. Under the heavens, there is nothing that his Highness wants but can not get. Since his Highness has given these nice things to youg miss, he is naturally hoping that young miss will use them and wear them. What must not be done is leaving it unused. Young miss, do not worry and just wear them. After you have used up all the fabric, his Highness can get more."

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "Alright, I have looked at those fabrics and found that they are indeed very pretty. Then just pick one that can be made to suit Autumn and make two sets. Oh right, do not forget to leave enough to make two handkerchiefs. I promised to give them to Xiang Rong and Fen Dai."

Wang Chuan reminded Feng Yu Heng: "Young miss, you also promised third young miss a pair of shoes. You said it would be for when she married out of the family."

Feng Yu Heng had not forgotten this, "She is only ten years old. It is a long time before she marries out of the family. Making it now is a waste, as her feet will have grown by the time she is fifteen, and she will no longer be able to wear them. How about this, pick out a fabric that suits Xiang Rong's age and make her a set of clothing."

Wang Chuan did not feel distressed. Either way, the ninth prince had a way of obtaining these things. If the young miss wanted to give it away as a gift, then do not hesitate to gift it away. In the end, she was still a twelve year old child. In this oppressive Feng manor, having a playmate was good.

"For the birthday celebration in three days at Ding An palace, does young miss wish to prepare a present?" Wang Chuan was very meticulous.

Feng Yu Heng, however, shook her head, "These things will all be prepared by the Feng family. We do not need to worry about it." Thinking a little, she added: "Of the things I have here, there is not a single one I am willing to gift to outsiders."

Wang Chuan also thought this way. The Ding An family's imperial daughter Qing Le was not some good girl. Just based on how she already knew that the ninth prince was engaged to Feng family's second young miss, yet she still brazenly asked her father to request the Emperor give her as the bride. It was clear just how brazen this girl was. Now, her family's young miss would not give her face, and that was a must too.

Early in the morning three days later, the matriarch arranged for the newly made clothes to be sent to their respective courtyards.

Feng Yu Heng looked at the five sets of Autumn clothing and nodded with satisfaction, "It seems the matriarch put in some of her own money. If Chen shi were still here, who knows what kind of poor-quality fabric would be used to mess with me."