Chapter Twelve | First World

[ 12 ]

Shu Ning sat back, tapping the excess ink off the brush before setting it down. He blew on the parchment, watching as the writing quickly dried. His decent attempt at calligraphy was almost illegible, but he didn't doubt that the one who would eventually read it, would have no issues.

After a short time, he rolled the paper up tightly and brought a small bowl containing wax, that he had previously melted down. Tipping it, the thick substance pooled over the edges and cemented them closed. Plucking the jade pin from his own hair, he used the end to imprint a marking into the wax. This was a technique that had yet to be thought of in this world, but it came in handy as his own signature.

Once it had dried, ShuNing passed it over to Mianmian who stood patiently to the side of the room, which had recently been converted into his personal office. The young servant, who had long since been amazed by his young master's abilities, took the item and left the room- with the intention of guarding it with his life until it reached its next stop.

Later on in the day, after many hours of ruthless page-flipping and herb grinding the peaceful setting of the little estate was interrupted. GuangBai had been the first to leave his post, where he had spent the remainder of his time finishing off the young master's clothing. He did so in a close proximity to Shu Ning so he was only a call away.

After a short absence, Mianmian hurriedly made his way back to the office, where he tentatively disturbed ShuNing from his practises. ShuNing was finally making progress when he looked around for the first time in many hours. His little servant held a slip in his grasp and moved forward to give it to him.

"A summons, young master, from the chief advisor."

ShuNing took the hand-written parchment and confirmed that Mianmian was telling the truth. Afterwards, he discarded it on his desk and stood up, brushing off the stray leaves from the herbs he'd previously been working with. Looking to his obedient little servant who was always at his beck and call, "Mianmian, that fabric you mentioned before, have you been able to finish making it into a robe?"

Mianmian suddenly beamed, "Yes, Young Master. It is stunning and will suit you perfectly. Do you wish to wear it to meet with chief advisor?"

With a nod of the head, Mianmian then suddenly disappeared before reappearing with a bundle of fabric in his arms. ShuNing couldn't help but smile at the sight of the teenager appearing so happy to dress him up. They both left the office and went to the main bedroom within the estate, which was still the original's bedroom but it had been scalped and refurbished with higher-quality furniture.

Mianmian set the robe down on the bed before helping ShuNing wash his hands, which were still quite grubby and dyed green. Once the slender fingertips were back to their original milky-ness they then worked on the outfit. Although he had completely immersed himself into this world, he was still deeply uncomfortable with letting others wash his body, so this was the extent he'd allow GuangBai.

The servants took it with a pinch of salt, just adding this minor thing to the lengthy list of how quirky their young master was.

The fabric that ShuNing had received as a gift from XeLeader was, from what he found out from GuangBai, quite expensive. His little servant was more than chipper when he told him this, obviously ecstatic that his young master had impressed the tyrant of a man like XeLeader; or difficult to please as the servants whispered to one another.

As ShuNing stood, the fabric touched the ground in length. Overall it was a pale blue colour, with the edges being the darkest shade. There was no rigidity anywhere, the light fabric flowing loosely. The only area that was tucked was around his abdomen so it emphasised his slender waistline.