Chapter 19 - A Lot In Love

At the dinner table Anika finally began speaking as casually as possible. "Umm..Mumma, what are your plans for tomorrow?"

"Plans. " Pinky gave a humorless laugh. "Maybe Shakti Ji will take me to his friend's resort again like last time where I 'd be expected to kill mosquitoes."

"Oh come on Pinky it was just that one last time. Otherwise you've always loved wherever I take you."

"Whatever. This time I m not coming."

"I never said. I was taking you anywhere." Shakti tried not to laugh.

"See.."

"OK OK, " Anika intervened. "So, umm, actually, ahh, Maa-Paa were wondering if you'd both come over tomorrow for - lunch and then maybe we could go out in the evening?" Anika looked hesitant.

Pinky eyed her.

"Sure. That's a nice idea. " Shakti put forth his opinion.

"But - dad. It's your special day. I think you both must visit the Silver Wood Resorts. They are amazing. It's run by the Winger Family. I have heard it's beautiful." Shivaay said taking a mouthful of the fried rice.

Anika made a small crestfallen face. 

Shakti and Pinky at once noted, how Anika's face grew small and Shivaay didn't seem to take note.

"We will visit the Silver Wood some other time. It's been a while we've been to Trivedi's Home. Anyway I couldn't talk to them properly today." Pinky covered quickly looking at Anika with a bright smile.

"Mom- it's okay. We can go home next time. You can visit the Resorts." She said softly looking down. Their plan was actually working right on the path so far.

"O come on Anika. " Shakti got Pinky's hint.

"Shivaay we will visit Anika's home tomorrow. Pinky make sure you tell them personally we will be there. " Shakti said with an air of finality. Anika smiled brightly. While Shivaay gave a sort of dejected look as per plan. Not bad at all!

* * *

That night when Shivaay came back after his conference call he looked for Anika. Shivaay had decided to associate with a few foreign architects for their next project. Also, the hotel they had taken over in California was doing amazing well and he made it a point to keep everything in control. So every night he would spend some time after dinner at those things.

She had changed into a simple pinkish sleeveless kurti and pajamas. She sat by the pool her feet in the water. She was drawing patterns on the surface and occasionally looking up at the sky. He stared at her as he loosened the buttons of his shirt and rolled up the sleeves. What a beautiful sight it was! To come back at night to your wife instead of an empty studio apartment. Only God knew, how he had missed her!