Chapter 26- 'I don't want my family to think I prefer sausage to sea food.'

A/n: thank you to purple_monster for the amazing banner! i have a good looking cast!

like many of you have asked, i have provided. Drake point of view. Enjoy and let me know what you think ;)

-

DRAKE POV

Home sweet home.

That’s meant to be what you think when you return back to your own house after being away for a long time. Well, that’s if you didn’t hate your home with a passion.

Don’t get me wrong it’s not because I have cockroaches hanging off the walls or because my house smells like a clogged up toilet. The reason why I did hate my house was because I’m treated more like a criminal in it than I was in prison.

After the weekend at the cabin, an awesome weekend by the way, as well as confusing as hell considering I almost banged my best friends little sister not only once, but twice, I returned back to my house. Not Mia and Nate’s house, which was what I called home to be honest, but my actual house.

I walked through the front door, not greeted by anyone and just hearing silence. After going up to my room and dumping my bag on the floor, deciding unpacking was something I could do when I decided to do something productive, which could be today or on my 21st birthday, only time will tell. Anyway, I walked into the kitchen and still didn’t see my mum.

I grabbed a beer out of the fridge and my mind began to wonder to the events of the weekend. It was definitely and interesting one. The memories of finally being with my friends flashed through my mind and made me smile. Then the memories of what happened in the bathroom flashed through my head and I sighed, while my penis decided to stir slightly.

It was freaking hot. I knew Mia wasn’t exactly a nun, but making out with her was on a whole different scale. When we were on the bed I honestly had no control over my body parts. Well, one body part. That part seemed to be controlling me.

I shook my head as I thought about it. Yes, it was probably the most turned on I’ve ever been without actually smashing and dashing the girl, but it was so wrong on so many levels.

This was Mia Hastings. Sister to my best friend, 16 years old and a girl who I used to call poo breath when she was 8 years old.

I knew if Nate found out he would probably re-arrange my face until I looked like the elephant man. I mean seriously, that kid is ridiculously protective of his baby sister. When he found out she slept with Garry for the first time I actually had to pry a bread knife out of his hand because he was determined to carve up the guy who, and I quote, ‘defiled his little sister’.

I would be the same way if I had a little sister in all fairness. It’s just something about the women in your family that makes you go all caveman protective over them. You will do anything to protect them, thinking about the consequences after.

I knew that all too well…

I knew what we did was a mistake, a slip you can say. We agreed as we cleaned up the bomb site we created in the cabin bathroom that it would never happen again. We would forget about it, and we would never cross that line again because I couldn’t lose Nate. I couldn’t lose either of them.

They were pretty much the only family I had left.

Speaking of family, or lack thereof, my mother walked through the kitchen door disturbing my thought process.

She looked startled as she realised I was back, and like usual she took a step back from me.

“I didn’t realise you were back.” She spoke, her voice clipped.