Chapter 29

=======
Chapter 29
========

Lorenzo has been acting very angry these past few days. I did not want to go near him, I was afraid. I knew he was angry that the necklace had been stolen and I feared the cameras were working and he would realize I was the one who told them where it was. I never realized how important it was to him at the time and looking back on it now I was not very sure why it never crossed my mind that telling those people could leave me in danger. Amelia was back and she had not said much to anyone, she was badly bruised but Christine nor me did not ask her what went on there. I was working for Matteo now and Amelia was with Marco. I hated waking up every morning.

"I asked you to fold these." Matteo said with an annoyed tone. I looked over at him confused because I had spent the entire morning folding clothes.

"I just finished folding everything." I looked behind me and a look of disappointment crossed over my face when I saw that he had pushed everything on the floor. "That was a waste of time."

"You can do them tonight." He smirked. " You have to do something else for me today."  I gave him a questioning look. I basically had to do something for him everyday so I was not sure why he was approaching this differently.

"So the Cariosoni family is coming over today and they want me to marry their daughter. Their daughter is very beautiful, however I know its just a ploy for them to take our money, they have been trying to do it for years. As much as any man would like to be with her, I value my money much more. All you have to do is pretend to be my fiancé."

"Can't you just ask the other girls to do it? My cheek is still red, it will look bad." I tell him, I used the mark on my cheek from where he hit me the other day to try to get out of doing it.

"You're not getting out of this, besides they have already met Christina before and Amelia is way too young." He tells me and I sigh. "Here take this and get ready, they're arriving soon so make yourself look presentable." I looked in the bag and saw a black dress, shoes and makeup. I have not worn makeup in over a year.

I went into the bathroom and quickly took a beautiful long blue dress out of the bag. I put it on and it was strange looking in the mirror, I was so used to wearing the same clothes everyday this felt like a nice change. I took the makeup out and applied it to my face.

The foundation burned the spot where I had been hit but it was worth it because it did cover my scar. I quickly left the bathroom as I did not want to dwell on the fact that these simple things had been taken away from me one year ago. I walked out and Matteo was leaning against the door on his phone.

"I've told you countless times I like your hair better down." He says as he yanks my hair tie out of my hair. I frown and quickly fix my hair to make it look presentable. I follow him out into the hall and towards the stairs. The doorbell rings and he stops dead in his tracks.

"Now remember, you're my fiancé. We've known each other for about a year and we're getting married in a few months. Don't go acting up, you won't like the consequences." He grabs my hand and places a large diamond ring on it and calmly walks with me down the stairs. There was a woman, an older man and two young men in their twenties. The woman who i assumed was the mother of the two was beautiful but she seemed cocky,she eyed me up and down and scoffed at me.

"Matteo,so nice to see you!" She pulled him in and kissed his cheek. Completely disregarding me. However I saw her noticing the ring. "And you are?"

"Katie, Matteo's fiancé. So nice to meet you." I lied easily. It was easy for me to put on a different persona. After all, I did it for months working with my father when we were trying to capture Mason.