What I Really Look Like (1/3)

If you didn't read the description, let me recap. THIS IS BASED OFF THE 2003 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. NOT BROTHERHOOD.

You were on your way to your room in the giant, secret mansion you called home. But your life wasn't always like this.You used to live in a poor village, hungry and sick. That was until you met Dante.

You remember you were at the market, trying to sell whatever you could to anyone, but it didn't really work when no one had money. Just as you were about to pack up, a lovely young lady with short black hair came up to you.

She looked at your cheap family  hairlooms before looking you up and down, making you feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Why don't you come with me." She offered, her voice just as beautiful as her appearance. "I have an extra room at my home that I think you would quite enjoy."

You stared at the woman dumbfounded. What was she trying to do?

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can, I have no money to give you to do so."

The woman suddenly took both your hands in hers, a loving look in her eyes.

"You don't have to pay me, I can see you are struggling and need help." She said, taking notice to how malnourished you were.

"Why me?" You asked quietly. "So many people here need help just as much as I do."

The woman smiled at you. Admiring your selflessness. "Is it better to make everyone suffer or help at least one person? Please, come with me."

And from that day forth, you stayed with Dante in her beautiful mansion.

She kept a very close eye on you. Making sure you always ate, bathed, and stayed in good health. She treated you like a fragile doll, but you weren't complaining, you've been more comfortable here than you have been in your entire life.

Dante had a 'family', if you could call it that. Each one was a homunculus named after one of the seven deadly sins. They all treated you the same way Dante did, all except for one. Envy.

Envy kept his distance, never speaking a word to you. But during meals, you would always catch him sneaking glances at you from the other side of the table.

This went on for months until one day, he stopped. You were confused by this. You had hoped that after all the staring he had done, one day he would eventually say something to you and you would become friends. But sadly, he never did.

Eventually, you dicided to take initiative.

Envy never sleeps, he has a room, all the humunculi do, but he never uses it. You would see him walking  aimlessly around the house when you would get up to get glasses of water. You put this information to good.

One night, you got up from your bed and went searching for Envy, and to your luck, you found him in the living quarters. Lounging on one of the couches.

You walked right over and took the spot next to him, receiving a weird look from him. You gave him a warm smile before greeting him, he grunted at you in response.

You sat there in completely silence, watching the fire in the fire place dance. You gathered up the courage to tell him what was on your mind.

You looked straight at him and said. "I noticed you used to stare at me when we would be eating."

Nice and blunt. Envy's eyes widened for quick second before saying "I have never once stared at you."

The first words he had ever spoken to you. You responded with "Oh, I know you have. But the thing is, I've noticed you've stopped."