69 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁 𝒸𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹

sɪxᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
════════════════════

Taehyung turned his face, refusing to let me see him cry

Taehyung turned his face, refusing to let me see him cry. I sat beside him, grabbing the spoon and ice cream from his hands.

"Do you want to tell me why you're crying?" I asked, while he sniffled once or twice. He licked his dry lips and looked me in the eye.

"I did it." He whimpered, hugging his knees together.

"Did what?" I slowly pronounced each word, scared of what he was admitting to.

His breath quickened as he fiddled with his fingers. "I hurt him."

My forehead creased. "Hurt who, Jimin?"

He looked at me with pleading eyes before slowly nodding. I sat in silence, not knowing what to say to him.

"Why." I whispered, slightly shaking my head in denial. Taehyung knew he hurt me from the way he looked at me. He was sorry, and I was sure of it, but I needed a better understanding of why he would do something like that.

"I-It was an accident, I swear." He pleaded, throwing his hands together. "I was trying to stop Ceres from stabbing him, but instead, I pushed the knife through him."

"You tried to save him?"

Taehyung nodded, letting a tear drop onto his lap. I scooted closer to him, rubbing his back to calm him down.

"It's not your fault then." I tried to comfort him, but I knew that not even forgiveness could take away the shower of guilt poured onto him. "Let's go see Jimin ." I stood on my feet, extending my hand to him.

His eyes widened as he pushed himself away from my hand. "I can't go in there, he's gonna kill me."

I covered my mouth with my other hand, trying not to let him see me laugh. "Tae, he probably knows it was an accident."

"Probably??"

"Get up." I rolled my eyes, reaching for his arm. I had to literally drag him through the hall, and all the way to the hospital room.

I picked up the bottle of water I promised i'd get him and walked in with Tae, who hid behind me.

"Hey baby." I could tell my voice woke him up from his sleep, because his eyes suddenly squinted open. I poured the water into his cup, and sat him up.

"I can do it myself, I'm not crippled." He insisted, clearly not liking the idea of being pampered. I raised my hands in defense, and moved away to give him some space.

"Damn , all that and not even a thank you." I pretended to be offended, but in reality, I enjoyed teasing him for a living.

"Thank you." He exaggerated each word and I could've sworn I saw an eye roll. I was about to invite Tae in, but when I turned around he was out of my sight.