Believer/Suspicions

Previously...
Rachel's p.o.v.
"Thanks. I really think people are gonna like this song. So I hope I'm right. I probably am." I say shrugging. He laughs.

"I think you are. This time." He says. I shove him in the shoulder and he laughs. We hang out a little while more then eventually head back to his house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finn's p.o.v.
I wake up to a beautiful voice coming from the bathroom but I can't quite hear the words clearly so I get up and hide outside the door.

Heaven help me get through these demons in my mind
All I know is, I will survive
I'm still a believer
Can nobody tame this raging heart
Yeah, I'm still a dreamer
I'm fighting my way up to the stars
I'm running wild, I'm going out
I'm flying high, I'm screaming out
I'm blowing up, a fire in the sky
I'm still a believer
Can nobody tame this raging heart
And nothing's like you said

I start to walk away cause I don't want to be a creep when I run into one of Rachel's massive suitcases just laying open right in the middle of the floor and stub my toe.

And nothing's like we thought

"God damn it!" I say under my breath.

I remember when we were-

"Finn? Is that you?" I hear Rachel say from the bathroom. Shit.

I hurry up and lay back down, cover myself in a blanket, and close my eyes. I hear her come into the room. It's silent as I can just feel her stare.

"Finn, I know you're not asleep." She says with a chuckle. I open my eyes and see her looking down at me.

"Fine, you got me." I say rolling my eyes.

"Stalker." She says then starts walking away. I get up and follow her.

"That song was really good." I say leaning up against the doorframe as she starts brushing her hair. She smiles brightly and turns to me.

"You really think so?" She asks.

"Yeah!" I say.

"I actually really needed to hear that. I've been debating if I wanted to put that song on my album for weeks. But I guess I will now." She says then shyly looks down and blushes.

Wait why is she blushing?

"You should. You sound really good singing it. It suits your voice." I say starting to blush.

Wait why am I blushing?

It immediately gets very awkward so I quickly smile then walk away.

What just happened?!

{a couple hours later}

"Did you really mean all those things you said?" I ask turning to Rachel as we're just sitting on couch watching a movie.

"What did I say?" She asks turning to me confused.

"The things you said in your interview yesterday about your song." I say clarifying. She nods her head.

"Yeah. Of course. Trust me, I didn't just say those things because my publicist told me to. Those were all my words." She says with a laugh then continues.

"That's probably one of my deepest songs in my album so far. I've never been the most open person. I've always just kept my feelings and emotions to myself and that was that. But I felt like this was the album to open up a little bit more to everyone. I owe it to my fans." She says sincerely.

"You know when I met you a couple weeks ago I would have never thought you would be like this." I say truthfully.

"I'll always be a diva but every person has their different sides. You just got to see mine sooner than most people." She says looking down.

"I guess I get to consider myself lucky." I say and she looks up at me and we lock eyes. After a second I clear my throat and look away.

"Well we better get going to the restaurant. I don't want to be late for the family dinner." I say getting up. She gets up quickly.

"Y-Yeah. We probably should." She says then gets her shoes on and heads out to car as I follow behind her.

Rachel's p.o.v.
I have no clue what just happened but I don't know if I should put a stop to it or just let whatever is happening between us happen.

Ugh I'm so conflicted!

Get ahold of yourself Rachel.

"Ok and we're here." Finn says taking the key out of the car and getting out then coming around to my side and opening my door.

"Such a gentleman." I say with a smirk then getting out of truck.

"Yeah yeah." He says then we head into a place called... Breadsticks? That's a weird name for a restaurant. Is this like a knock version of Olive Garden or something?

"Hey guys over here!" We hear Finn's mom say as we enter the restaurant. Finn grabs my hand quickly and we go over to the table with Finn's huge family that literally takes up the entire restaurant. He pulls out my chair that's right next to Carole's then he sits down himself.

{after they finish all their food}

"So Finn and Rachel when's the wedding?" We hear Carole say suddenly. I choke on my water and start coughing. I was not expecting that.

"You okay there Rachel?" Finn says with amusement causing everyone to look over at me.

"Yeah. Perfectly fine." I say glaring at him. Carole just looks at us confused.

"Mom we're not getting married, not yet at least. We're just dating." Finn says reacting to the question smoothly. Unlike me...

"Yeah you're right. We'll save that talk for a different day." Carol says winking at me. I widen my eyes and look at Finn as she turns back to Burt. He starts laughing.

"It's not funny." I say rolling my eyes.

"You almost made such a fool of yourself." He continues to laugh. Oh I already have.

"Ok whatever." I say.

{the next day}
Santana's p.o.v.
"Kurt I'm telling you. Something is up with Finn and Rachel. They have not been acting like a lovey dovey couple. They get so tense when they do something so easy like holding hands! And I know it's not just me. They are definitely hiding something." I say to Kurt sitting down at a table at Lima bean with our coffee's.

"Oh come on Santana. Not everyone hides stuff like you. Remember that girlfriend you kept from us for like over year? Yeah I remember." He says rolling his eyes. I return the eye roll then continue.

"This is not about me. I've been really looking at them recently and they do not act like a couple. That's one thing I know for sure. Something's up and I'm gonna find out." I say taking a sip of my latte.

"Oh stop being so suspicious Santana. You're not a detective. Nothings going on between them except for true, pure love and that's that." He defends smiling. I cross my arms. I'm not so sure about that lady Hummel.