While You're There ~ Kai

"Shh! She's waking up."

You woke up to hushed voices and a very warm room. In fact, if the temperature was just a little lower, you would have drifted off to sleep, but you were sweating and it was downright uncomfortable.

You let your eyelids flutter open to see a couple staring back at you.

The woman immediately rushed over to you, "Are you alright?" 

"Quite a concussion you suffered from there." The man commented and it was then a dull pain at the back of your head became slightly less dull. You frowned, rubbing your fingers over a bump and your head started to ache.

"Here, let me." The woman murmured and a water bubble appeared before her and she pressed it your head and you relished in the chill of it.

Your eyes then snapped open, "Wait, how are you doing that?"

"I'm the Master of Water."

Your eyes widened and you turned to the man. He nodded, to confirm his wife's statement, "And I'm the Master of Fire."

"B-But you're dead." You stammered, now seeing the resemblances between their children and themselves.

"No, we were just kidnapped."

You felt like you were slapped.

"My name is—"

"Ray, and you're Maya." You said, ignoring their looks of astonishment, "I've heard a lot about you guys, from your children."

Their mouths fell open and they began bombarding you with questions'

"Our children?!"

"You know them?"

"Are they still alive?"

"Are they doing well?"

"Do they have our abilities?"

"Are they good people?"

You smiled at them, not wanting to break their hearts. Kai was a jerk and will always be one to you, but they had missed their children's childhood and the last thing you wanted was for them to blame themselves for not being there for them when they obviously couldn't.

"They're very good people. They save the world, just like you."

Kai was livid.

To say he was angry was an insulting understatement, since steam was literally coming out of his ears.

He had obviously gotten to Ignacia too late, only to see the remains of his childhood home and put the pieces together that his father was alive.

And working for the enemy.

He hadn't stopped pacing for an hour.

"Kai, calm down." Cole advised but shut up quickly when he turned around with such ferocity, lighting the carpet on fire, which Nya promptly put out.

"Calm down?! (Y/N) has been captured by the Vermillion Warriors! Who knows what could have happened to her?!"

"She could've been eaten?" Jay sheepishly offered.

"I'm so close to barbequing you." Kai growled, he was angry but it only added fuel to the flame when he started blaming himself. He couldn't touch anything without it bursting into flames.

"I never should have broken up with her! If I hadn't been with Skylar then I would have been able to save her! Now she could be hurt—"

"Or worse." Said Jay.

"I'm going to kill you!!"