• forty-seven •

Excited squeals mixed with giggles echoed through the apartment but were quickly cut off with a sudden thump. There was a brief moment of silence which was shortly followed by wailing. Yoongi shot up from his seat and bolted into the hallway to find Jimin at the end, clutching his legs to his chest.

"P – Papa," Jimin sniffled, looking up at Yoongi with big, watery eyes, "ouchie."

Yoongi rushed over and crouched next to Jimin, "what happened?"

"Swipped," Jimin pouted, stretching out his legs a little before wincing, whimpering. He pointed at the red spots on both of his knees and then to his fluffy socks. He'd just been gliding up and down the hallway, the lack of friction of his socks making it easy to slide around, before he'd hit the wall at the end and fell to his knees.

"You'll be fine," Yoongi reassured, ever so gently touching the spots. At most, they'd slightly bruise.

"Band-aid?" Jimin hopefully asked to which Yoongi laughed a little and nodded his head. He stood up and held his hand out for Jimin, the younger taking it and not letting go as they moved to the kitchen. Jimin took a seat on a stool while Yoongi pulled open a cupboard and retrieved the box of Disney themed band-aids.

"Belle?" The older asked as he walked around the counter.

"Cinderella, pwease," Jimin shyly smiled as Yoongi bent down in front of him, peeling the paper off the band-aid and gently sticking it on the boy. This was the second time the boy was getting band-aids on his knees, but it was the first time Yoongi leaned in and placed two sweet kisses on Jimin's soft skin.

Jimin giggled and hid his face in his hands, 'thank you' coming out as just a squeak.

Yoongi just about melted at the sight as he put the band-aids away before returning to the dining table, sitting down in front of his laptop to continue revising the chapter he'd written a few days ago. Jimin slid off the stool and walked over, making himself comfortable in the man's lap without much hesitation this time. Little Jimin had already come to the conclusion that they could just about do anything together now, in contradiction to Jimin in big space who was still cautious of his actions.

Without really thinking about it, Yoongi's hands went around Jimin's waist to lazily rest in his lap while he rested his chin on the boy's shoulder, taking in his sweet honey scent. Jimin melted against Yoongi's chest, finding some kind of . . . relief in the position. He'd spent so much time in the past longing for a relationship like this – a caregiver, a boyfriend (all in one handsome man) – and now that he finally got it, it felt as though that almost envious desire had been lifted from his shoulders.

"Papa," Jimin softly called to which he got a hum in response, "can I read this?"

The younger pointed to the screen of laptop, making a second attempt to see Yoongi's work.

He couldn't see but the older pulled his lower lip between his teeth, unsure if he was ready to share such a thing. It felt intimate, like exposing some kind of secret or undressing yourself completely bare in front of someone.

"You don't have to Yoonie," Jimin reassured, fingers going down to fiddle with Yoongi's hands that had noticeably tensed.

One of the man's hands reached up and opened his documents, scrolling through many drafts, files filled with notes and stories that had either been forgotten or were in the process of being written. He opened one named 'Untitled – Short R'.

"I wrote this a while ago," Yoongi zoomed in on the pages, making it easier for the both of them to read, "it's nothing special, but I kind of like it anyway."

"Can you pwease read it for me?" Jimin softly asked, fingers further fiddling with the others hand. When Yoongi nodded his head in response, Jimin muttered a quick 'wait' before jumping out of the man's lap and disappearing down the hallway, slipping a little on his socks as he went. Only second later, the boy reappeared with Bear held tightly in his arms, jumping back into Yoongi's lap and resting himself comfortably against the other.

Clearing his throat, Yoongi pulled the laptop closer and started reading his work out loud. He was thankful that Jimin couldn't see his face for he would see how flushed red it was. He'd lied – it was very much something special to him because in a way that twisted the original scenario to be much more fictional, it was a story of a romance that blossomed in a small apartment after two boys moved in together. It was a big contrast from his usual stories of action and borderline horror.

"This character seems nice," Jimin smiled as he listened along, pointing to the name he didn't know how to pronounce on the screen. So far, he'd been enjoying the story though it seemed familiar, but the boy simply decided disregarded that feeling. It was probably just nothing.

Yoongi's hands turned over in his laps so his palms met Jimin's, their hands clasping together and fingers interlocking. He continued to read and read, fondly reflecting on both past events in reality and events in the short story. He'd gotten so lost in a daydream and scanning his eyes over the words that he didn't notice Jimin drift off to sleep some time ago. It was only when the younger's head dropped back on his shoulder and rolled to the side did Yoongi look up and find Jimin's eyes closed, lips slightly parted and steadily breathing. The sight was endearing to say the least.

Carefully, Yoongi stood up and carried Jimin to his bedroom, gently placing the boy down on the bed as to not wake him. He pulled the star patterned blanket up and over the boy's small body and just as he was about to leave, Jimin's eyes fluttered open.

"Nap nap kiss?" The little asked, adding on, "like a night night one."

Yoongi laughed and returned to the bedside, hand reaching out to fondly run his fingers through the boy's hair. He leaned down and kissed Jimin softly and for only a few seconds before pulling away. They wouldn't want to get carried away like they admittedly did sometimes.

"Sweet dreams sweetheart," Yoongi barely whispered before pressing the gentlest of kisses to Jimin's temple. He then left the room, switching off the lights and looking back just in time to watch the little ball himself up comfortably and drift off into a peaceful nap.