Xue Yang (ix)

The next four months were extremely uneventful. This was the period of time that the special ops took to slowly clip off Shadow's branches tediously without alerting the elite members of the organization.

That one time when Qin Luofeng was forced to let Feng Xinya go was actually Feng Xinya's idea. His comrades and superiors did not intend to start out their operation with a grand entrance, but they figured that it was a much more viable plan in that they could act more freely than initially intended since Qin Luofeng was under the impression that Feng Xinya's own sphere of influence couldn't possibly reach as far as A country.

Qin Luofeng was more than aware of Feng Xinya's connection with the government, otherwise why would he rescue the incoming president's only heir? It was just that he didn't know that Feng Xinya was in fact not from B country's forces but A country's, as using an agent from A country was simply a bit over the top and too coincidental for him to consider the possibility. Unfortunately, he lost that wager.

Thus, Qin Luofeng was unaware that there was not only one country acting against him, but two, with A country acting under the guise of B country's forces.

Back to the suite, Feng Xinya's suite took up the last four floors of the skyrise building, as to be expected. Of course, when Ye Xia found out that first night after having been disappointed in the elevator, he immediately regained his energy and motivation to pursue Feng Xinya.

The first floor was the living room, kitchen, and dining area with two full restrooms.

The second floor was actually just a long corridor with doors that led to all of the bedrooms in the suit, which totaled up to twelve--six on each side of the corridor. Feng Xinya had the master bedroom which took up most of the floor, but the other rooms were still rather spacious, and each had their own full restrooms as well. They all also had two walk-in closets. Other than the three rooms that were occupied, however, the other nine rooms were completely devoid of anything be it beds, dressers, clothes, curtains, anything.

The third floor was dedicated entirely to books. It was a library full of all the books that the original Feng Xinya felt like buying. He didn't have the time to read through all of them as he had to balance his personal life with his high-demand job as a special ops soldier. However, during the times that he was on standby for his next orders he would either choose to work out on the fourth floor or relax and read on the third floor.

Speaking of the fourth floor, other than a gym with almost every work-out machine one could think of, there was also an indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Due to the recent "free time" as his current order was to house the two boys until the six-month period was over, Feng Xinya had to make sure to act in character by partaking in the hobbies that the original had done.

As his physical capabilities were already at the summit in this world as well as his combat skills, Feng Xinya cut down the time the original had taken to work out. He only exercised for an hour each day as opposed to the original's three hours.

Feng Xinya found more interest in the books of this world as not only were they new and different, there were also a wide genre for him to choose from. More importantly, he didn't have access to books or anything that could stimulate his knowledge or mind in his own world. He was mostly intrigued by the books over war strategies and tactical books in general. He felt that those were the most practical books while the rest were simply for leisure and essentially pointless.

Xue Yang also made the library his second home, while Ye Xia hated reading. If Ye Xia wasn't lazing around on the couch fiddling with his electronics, he was sitting back in the jacuzzi.

It was the first time in Feng Xinya's life that he was able to just relax without the need to be alert. Even when he was surrounded by his family, as their world was a war-torn one he could not slack off. This didn't mean that he was completely unguarded in this world, rather, due to the influence of his own world Feng Xinya would never be able to let down his guard for even a second no matter the situation. It simply meant that this world didn't require him to be on his guard.