Bu Ni Shang's Provocation

In regards to this special item, many of the people had already heard rumors about it, causing everyone to feel excited.

Feng Yu Heng noticed Feng Chen Yu ask Qing Le a question. After hearing Qing Le's response, Chen Yu's expression displayed a great shock, as she looked to be on the verge of screaming. It was Qing Le that covered her mouth, which prevented her from being discovered. This action, however, was seen by a fair number of people, which frightened Chen Yu into quickly lowering her head.

Feng Yu Heng shifted her chair back a bit. She felt that this sort of competition was completely unrelated to her. The Empress herself had said it. This was for the sake of letting the younger generation find good marital matches. For someone who was already engaged, why would she go mess around with them.

But even if she did not want to join in, there would be someone who would not allow her to rest freely. "Zither, chess, calligraphy, painting, singing, dancing and archery" Of these seven competitions, the first six attracted the participation of a large number of pampered young misses. The large Liu Li courtyard was split into six competition areas, with each area filled with people.

As for the competition area for archery, it was outside out Liu Li courtyard and was rather quiet. Aside from a single person, there was not a single person that went over.

And the only girl that stood in the archery competition area turned her head towards where Feng Yu Heng sat. She then raised her right index finger and very proudly pointed at her "You, come compete with me."

Feng Yu Heng looked at that girl and suddenly smiled. That smile held some understanding, some wicked charm, some lethargy, and some indifference.

Sure enough, it was as imperial concubine Yun said. Princess Bu's niece would provoke her, even if she did nothing to the other side.

Feng Yu Heng's smile truly caused Bu Ni Shang to feel irritated. She could not help but put on a more fierce expression and once again said to Feng Yu Heng: "You, come compete with me in archery!"

Feng Yu Heng did not understand. Standing up, she took a few steps in that direction, with a group of people that wanted to see something entertaining.

"I heard that this is young miss Ni Shang of Minister Bu's manor. Just now, the Empress said that this competition is for the sake of giving the younger generation an opportunity to find a marital partner. If I did not remember incorrectly, the young miss to the first wife of the Bu manor was engaged to his Highness the fourth prince, right? I really don't know what sort of outcome young miss Bu hopes to accomplish insisting on competing in archery, but I have no intention of participating in any of the competitions. Regardless of what young miss Bu feels towards his Highness the fourth prince, A-Heng must take his Highness the ninth prince's dignity into consideration."

Her voice was not quiet, loud enough for the people who had come to see a spectacle to hear. As for the Empress, she had come down to the competition areas to give the younger generation some words of encouragement for those who were presently competing. This caused Liu Li courtyard to become more joyous.

When Feng Yu Heng said what she did, the Emperor and Empress were also nearby. Hearing Feng Yu Heng's words, the Empress could not help but smile, "No wonder he likes this girl. She truly has a similar personality to Ming'er."

The Emperor also nodded: "Not only is she like Ming'er. Looking at her, it makes Us remember my days of youth." As the Emperor spoke, his expression sank, "I just hope this child does not follow this one's future."

The Empress comforted her: "She won't. Yours is just human nature. This child, as I see her, has a great determination."

The private words between the Emperor and Empress were heard by none. At this time in the competition area for archery, Feng Yu Heng's words caused Bu Ni Shang to become even more vindictive. If it had to be said, she was previously just trying to provoke Feng Yu Heng, and if she did not want to compete, she would take it as Feng Yu Heng being afraid to. Now, however, Bu Ni Shang was resolute and absolutely had to fight her.