Sanctioning a Marriage

At this moment, Qing Le was regretting her rash actions. The banquet had already become a bit of a mess, and if nobody had brought up this matter, the Emperor would have forgotten it. Unfortunately, the one who reminded the Emperor was herself.

"Imperial daughter Qing Le." The Emperor called Qing Le. This caused not only Qing Le to hold her breath, but it also caused Lord Ding An to repeatedly shake his head.

Even if she held her breath, nothing would happen. It was difficult to disobey an imperial order. They did not have the same courage to do as they pleased that Xuan Tian Ming had.

Qing Le helplessly stood up and went forward, kneeling at the front courtyard: "Qing Le greets your Majesty."

The Emperor looked at the imperial daughter down below and sneered in his heart. At the time, he was not present for what had occurred at Ding An Palace, but he still understood more or less what happened. This Qing Le tried to frame his most dear son's woman. In the end, it was anticipated by Feng Yu Heng, and this was truly retribution!

In regards to sanctioning a marriage for Qing Le, the Emperor was extremely keen. Thus he asked: "Did the man that you share feelings with also come?" He remembered to have the Empress specially invite that person.

At this time, a voice came from the side of the male guests: "This servant came!" Then, a very sturdy man ran up to the front and knelt beside Qing Le, "This servant Wang Nuo greets your Majesty!"

Qing Le fiercely looked sideways at this person, but she did not dare say anything.

The Emperor nodded and looked at Wang Nuo for a while before suddenly laughing. After laughing, he said: "Fitting! As expected, it's fitting! It seems that Qing Le's eyes are not bad."

Lord Ding An felt as though his own face were being fiercely slapped by the Emperor.

Wang Nuo had a sturdy body, as he was one of the palace's guards, and he also was quite capable with martial arts. However, in terms of looks, it was nonsense. This person could not be considered ugly, but he also was not even remotely good looking. All of this was without mentioning the small scar on his chin, which apparently came from training in martial arts. No matter what was said about Qing Le, she was still of higher birth. When put alongside such a thing, how could it possibly be fitting?

But the Emperor had said it was fitting, so who would dare object? Thus, said in unison: "Being able to receive such a husband, imperial daughter Qing Le really has good fortune!"

Qing Le was so furious that she nearly lost her mind, but what could she say? If she did not admit it was a proper relationship, then was it a mix up? Then it would not be a matter of celebration, it would instead be a crime.

The Emperor watched everyone's reactions for a while then took in Qing Le's pale expression. After being sufficiently entertained, he once again spoke: "A pair of young children in love, this is a good thing. Lord Ding An, why did you not tell Us sooner?"

Hearing his name be called, Lord Ding An quickly stood up and went to kneel next to Qing Le: "This official... this official did not want bring any troublesome matters to your Majesty."

"Ah!" The Emperor waved his hand, "How could this be troublesome? You are an imperial lord, and Qing Le is an imperial daughter. In Our heart, this girl and Tian Ge are the same."

Everyone watched as the Emperor told such bold lies with a straight face, so they decided to overlook his choice of saying "the same."

The same? It would be odd if they were the same.

Qing Le, however, wanted to make one last desperate stand for herself. She kowtowed to the Emperor and begged, saying: "Qing Le would like to spend another two years at home taking care of imperial father and princess mother. Would your Majesty please permit this."