The Empress' Gift

With an Imperial decree, Chen Yu's dreams of acquiring the phoenix hairpin became completely crushed.

Feng Yu Heng raised both hands above her head and heard the imperial guard heavily say: "Princess, you must take care of it."

After saying this, he placed the bow in Feng Yu Heng's hands.

Feng Yu Heng received the Hou Yi bow and felt that it was extremely heavy. If she had not prepared herself beforehand, perhaps she would not have been able to hold it.

When she raised her head once more, she saw an approving look from the imperial guard. She already knew that this Hou Yi bow was an extraordinary thing.

Sure enough, seeing that she held the bow in her hands, Zhang Yuan also nodded and breathed a sigh of relief. After that, he once again announced: "The Hou Yi bow is a relic of Da Shun. The bow is made of cold black jade and has a weight of 186 jin. The founding emperor of Da Shun used this bow to kill the enemy leader and established the foundations of our Da Shun country. Ever since that moment, the founding emperor declared that the owner of this bow, regardless of gender, may enter and leave any military camp within Da Shun, may assist in commanding the three armies and help the Emperor in keeping peace in the world!"

Feng Yu Heng stared at Zhang Yuan, her lips curving into a smile. She could practically see the Emperor and Xuan Tian Ming giggling while looking at this Hou Yi bow and thinking of giving it to her.

Feng Yu Heng knew that the triple arrow shot she revealed at the banquet was a surprise to everyone. Even in the eyes of Xuan Tian Ming, her value would increase. If the Emperor truly were acting solely for his son's benefit, then he would obviously understand that only Feng Yu Heng was worthy of his most beloved son.

After he finished speaking, Zhang Yuan looked at Feng Yu Heng then smiled and asked her: "Has princess remembered it all?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded:" A-Heng has remembered it and thanks his Majesty for his imperial grace." Holding the bow, she kowtowed.

Zhang Yuan was very satisfied with Feng Yu Heng's actions. When he then looked towards Feng Jin Yuan, he found that this lord prime minister had a face filled with uncertainty.

He silently laughed to himself. This mediocre prime minister had been kept around for many years, believing that he had done a good job in protecting the Feng manor. What he did not know, however, was that the Emperor had stopped regarding him as important the moment the Feng family chased the Yao family's daughter from her position as head wife.

"Eunuch, please come to the hall and enjoy a cup of hot tea!" After Feng Yu Heng received the imperial decree and the bow, everyone in the Feng manor also stood up. The matriarch took the initiative in inviting Zhang Yuan while shooting a look in Feng Jin Yuan's direction.

In truth, there was no need for the matriarch to give him this look. Feng Jin Yuan obviously understood that he had to curry favor with Zhang Yuan. But this Zhang Yuan had been able to steadily stay at the Emperor's side for many years. How could he be so easy for the officials to curry favor with. Even for a prince, whether they were distant or near, he was able to clearly distinguish.

As for the matriarch's invitation, Zhang Yuan politely waved his hand, saying: "Many thanks, elderly madam. We still must return and report to the Emperor, so we will not be staying and causing trouble. Oh right" As he spoke, he looked towards Feng Jin Yuan, "When we left, we saw another group also heading in the Feng manor's direction. After asking around, we discovered it was the Empress that sent them to give something to the Feng family's eldest young miss. Lord Feng should prepare and have the eldest young miss come out."