A Presumptuous Request

Feng Chen Yu could no longer endure and dropped to the ground.

This terrified the matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan, as the two quickly rushed over. With one person on each side holding Chen Yu's hands, they called out in unison: "Chen Yu! Chen Yu!"

Unfortunately, no matter how they shouted, Chen Yu's eyes remained tightly shut. She had completely fainted.

Feng Jin Yuan angrily shouted: "Who went to call a doctor? How has one still not come?"

A servant immediately ran over and helplessly said: "Master, the doctor came a long time ago, but with the imperial decrees coming one after another, the doctor was too scared to enter the manor and has been standing outside the entire time!"

Feng Jin Yuan was furious: "Then go and quickly bring the doctor over!"

"Oh!" The servant complied and quickly ran out. Not long after, an old doctor carrying a medical kit was brought forward.

Feng Yu Heng felt that there was no need for her to remain, thus she walked over to Yao shi and grabbed her hand, saying to the matriarch: "Eldest sister's illness requires rest. A-Heng will not stay and cause trouble." She bowed and left with Yao shi.

Seeing this situation, An shi also quickly said: "Then this concubine will also bring the third young miss back."

The matriarch did not want to deal with them and waved her hand: "You can all leave!"

An shi quickly pulled Xiang Rong and left.

Xiang Rong walked quickly and caught up with Feng Yu Heng, asking: "Second sister, you did not come back all night. Nothing happened, right?"

Feng Yu Heng could see a great deal of concern on Xiang Rong's face, which made her feel warm inside. Although she did not like this family, there were still some people that she felt close to.

She raised her hand and patted Xiang Rong's cheeks, "This little girl has become chubbier recently!" Finally showing a smile that a twelve year old girl should have, "Xiang Rong, do not worry. Second sister is fine."

Only then did Xiang Rong let out a sigh of relief, "Last night, after leaving the palace, I said I wanted to wait at the gates for second sister, but father would not agree no matter what I said. After returning to the manor, father immediately sent a carriage to the palace's gates to wait for eldest sister. Concubine mother An wanted to send a carriage to pick up second sister, but she was found out by father. He then locked us in the manor and said that nobody can go out." While Xiang Rong spoke, her face became cold. After hesitating a little, she quietly said: "Second sister, Xiang Rong hates father."

An shi was startled and quickly looked around then warned: "Speak quieter. Did you not take a look around and see where we are. Do not speak so loosely!"

Feng Yu Heng gave An shi a comforting and grateful smile, "Concubine mother, do not worry. A-Heng does not have much ability, but protecting Xiang Rong can still be done."

An shi frowned and grabbed Feng Yu Heng's hand with concern: "I am not worried about Xiang Rong. I am worried about you. Second young miss has great wisdom, that is something this concubine knows; however, no matter what, you are still a girl who has yet to get married. There are still over two years remaining and the situation in this manor is unstable. Who knows what can suddenly happen. Second young miss must be more careful."

Yao shi also nodded: "Your concubine mother An is right. A-Heng, your father has not been the prime minister for this many years for nothing. Next time, do not refute him directly."

Feng Yu Heng knew that these two were speaking entirely for her benefit, but she did not say anything. She only gave them a comforting smile, as she brought Yao shi back to Tong Sheng pavilion.