This Is my Feng Family's Daughter to the First Wife

Passing by the Chen family's blockade, the Feng family's group very quickly entered Feng Tong County. Feng Jin Yuan declined the magistrate's banquet invitation and brought the entire family over to the Feng family residence.

At the beginning, the Chen family's people quietly followed behind the group of carriages, as they were still filled with anger; however, when the group neared the Feng residence, they no longer followed them.

The Feng family was definitely not grand. It was a simple little courtyard that had a scholarly feel to it.

When they arrived, there was already someone standing at the gate to welcome them. Feng Yu Heng looked towards that person and saw that it was an elderly person who looked to be at least 80. Wearing a blue robe, his hair, eyebrows, and beard were all pure white. Unlike the two elders from the Chen family, however, he body was not hunched. Instead, his face was rosy and posture upright.

Feng Jin Yuan and the matriarch quickly went forward and knelt before the elder, saying: "Clan elder."

The members of the Feng family also quickly knelt down and said in unison: "Clan elder."

On the way over, Feng Yu Heng had listened to Yao shi speak about the matters of this residence. Ever since Feng Jin Yun became an official in the capital, one by one, all of the Feng clan moved to higher positions, and not many people remained. It was basically only the old and the weak.

Recently, this clan elder had reached 80 and was from Feng Jin Yuan's grandfather's generation. He had great prestige within the Feng family. It was said that he was a very fair but strict person. He practically never got involved with matters between the younger generation, but once he became involved, he would definitely not show and bias.

While she was thinking, she heard the clan elder say: "Jin Yuan, you are the current prime minister. Logically, you should not be performing such a grand ceremony. But the Feng family's rules can not be broken. You have come back to make offerings to our ancestors, so you can not miss out on a single courtesy."

Feng Jin Yuan said: "Clan elder is correct."

"Un." The clan elder nodded, "You may all rise."

Feng Jin Yuan was the first to stand up then helped the matriarch. Immediately after this, everyone in the Feng family stood up.

Feng Yu Heng noticed that the clan elder's gaze seemed to have swept past her but did not stop. Sweeping his gaze over Chen Yu, it was simply just a glance as well before looking away. In the end, it fell on Jin Zhen.

Feng Jin Yuan immediately thought of something. The matter of taking in Jin Zhen was still unknown to the rest of the clan, so he quickly said: "This is a new concubine that grandson took in."

The clan elder waved his hand: "There is no need to inform the clan of such trivial matters. A concubine will be unable to enter the genealogical record. You can decide things for yourself. Follow me in."

After he finished speaking, he turned around and stomped into the residence with his hands clasped behind his back. Some servants guided the carriage drivers to where the carriages could be left, while the members of the Feng family entered the courtyard.

If returning to the ancestral residence were something that happened annually, then the rules would be fewer. For someone like Feng Jin Yuan, who had not returned for many years, the amount of rules was obviously higher.

Not giving them a chance to rest their feet and before the rooms were assigned, the old clan elder spoke: "The ancestral hall is already open. Jin Yuan, bring your mother, your official wife and daughter to your first wife along with me to pray in the ancestral hall."