chapter 43

Malhotra mansion
Hall

The party was going on at full swing. Everyone was having fun. And now it was time to cut the cake. Nyonika's called everyone and Manik took nandini's hand and made her stand beside him in front of the cake. The camera's were capturing everything.

Manik cut the cake, and the band was humming the birthday song in the background.

He looked at nandini and forwarded the first peice towards her

He looked at nandini and forwarded the first peice towards her. Even if everyone was watching, princess still had the first place in his life. Although this act brought different reactions from different people. Their friends were calm because it wasn't something that they had not seen, however their parents were a bit shocked, shivaay seemed curious while the guests were trying to find the relationship between them. Their pictures were clicked probably to be on the newspaper the next day.

N : everyone's looking

M : doesn't matter

Nandini too fed him another peice and manik smiled. Soon the cake was cut into pieces and distributed amongst the guest.

Manik was called by his mother to meet someone when nandini went on looking for their friends when she overheard harshad talking to his parents.

H : dad what do want, I am not Manik, you can't expect me to copy him. And anyways it's not like you are going to leave me a legacy like Manik's parents have given him.

He left towards the poolside angrily and nandini followed him.

N : harshad

Harshad smiled and looked at her.

H : sorry didn't see you

N : you know you don't need to hide anything. In the morning you said you want us to be friends, then friends share things. Leave the fake smiles to strangers, manik always says this.

Upon hearing Manik's name Harshad's smile drops .

N : it's not his fault

H : still doesn't make it easier. Seeing him better at everything and then being compared.

N : you know everyone is different and has different qualities. Like manik can't play basketball but you can. You can't compare two people. And you need to accept that you are different from him, even if your parents don't. Believe in yourself and then other's opinions won't matter.

H : thank you

Manik comes looking for nandini and seeing her standing with Harshad leaves a sour taste in his mouth. But because he has promised his princess he doesn't say anything, acting like Harshad is invisible.

M : nandini come on they are about to announce.

N : yeah I will see u later harshad.