Feng Chen Yu, You Can Not Escape

At this time, Jin Zhen swapped places with Chen Yu and began moving hands up and down the matriarch's shoulders. The massage allowed the matriarch's heart to finally calm down.

"In five days, the entire family will go up the mountain to make offerings to the ancestors." Finally, when the last person to arrive, Yao shi, sat down, the matriarch began speaking on official matters. "The things that should be prepared are more or less ready. All that remains is you children. You must be filial to your grandfather." As she spoke, she looked at Xiang Rong. Yesterday night, this third granddaughter and her concubine mother had stood together with Yao shi in a stand off against Feng Jin Yuan. The matriarch felt that this was truly an eyesore. In her mind, Xiang Rong had always been timid, but at some point, these children had changed from what she had remembered. "Xiang Rong, go to the servant's room and prepare some joss paper. Personally prepare two hundred mock ingots for your grandfather."

Xiang Rong frowned upon hearing this. She had searched for Feng Yu Heng outside for an entire morning, so she had not yet eaten lunch. She had been prepared to continue looking afterwards, but having been given this job by the matriarch, she would not longer have any time to go look for Feng Yu Heng.

Xiang Rong felt very wronged but did not dare rebel against the matriarch's wishes. She could only joyfully nod her head: "Granddaughter understands."

An shi helplessly sighed but did not say anything. After all, they were only Feng Jin Yuan's concubine and his daughter by a concubine. In this family, they had absolutely no standing at all.

"There is still one more important matter." The matriarch spoke once again: "In a while, I will send people to bring Zi Hao back. Making offerings to the ancestors should be done as a family. These days, you should properly prepare yourselves. If there is nothing for you to do, don't keep going outside."

Once these words came out, she received a fierce gaze from Yao shi.

The matriarch subconsciously looked away, not daring to face off against Yao shi.

There was nothing she could do. Feng Jin Yuan had made it clear that he wanted to protect Chen Yu. Between the two granddaughters, she actually slightly favored Feng Yu Heng; however, with her own son, it was a different matter.

The Feng family was still reliant on Feng Jin Yuan to support it. For a granddaughter, they were only raised in the home temporarily before being married off.

Feng Zi Hao returned to the clan residence at dusk. The moment he returned, he rushed over to the matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan to kowtow.

At that time, Chen Yu was also present. She did not know if it was some psychological phenomenon, but she felt that Feng Zi Hao was looking at her with eyes filled with lust.

She turned her head away in disgust but heard Feng Zi Hao say: "It has been a long time since we last met, little sister. I truly have missed you. Has little sister been well?"

Feng Chen Yu rolled her eyes and only made a single sound: "Hmph!"

The matriarch frowned: "Your elder brother is speaking to you. Why do you take this attitude?" Ever since the matter with Feng Yu Heng, the matriarch did not want to show a good expression to Chen Yu.

Chen Yu had not other choice and could only grit her teeth and reply: "Everything is well. Many thanks elder brother for your concern."

"If little sister is well, then I am at ease. Now that mother is no longer here, only little sister is closest to me. Little sister absolutely must not become distant with me because I have been watching over the grave!"

Chen Yu's heart was truly tumultuous. She truly wanted to pick up a knife and stab Feng Zi Hao to death, but before Feng Jin Yuan and the matriarch, she maintained her obedient appearance.