twenty - one

LAST CHAPTER.

thank you for 30k reads. so thankful:)
++
Please play the song at the top for the chapter.
++
A day has passed. Today is what's supposed to be Mackenzie's last day.
++

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling fan whirling around. I took a deep breath and sat up. I looked at the time, which read eleven o' clock in the morning.

My phone rang. I looked to my side, picking up the phone. Johnny was calling me. What's he doing up this early? We didn't plan anything..

"Hello?" I answered. "I'm coming over." He said out of breath. "What?-" The phone hung up.

Maddie had came in my room. "Can you like leave today? Jack's coming over." She asked. "Goodmorning to you too, and no, Johnny's on his way right now, and since when did you and Jack get back together?" I said with an attitude.

She sighed, "No, that isn't fair! All you've been doing is having him over. You always have him as company." I shrugged my shoulders. "It'll only be a minute okay? He's probably going to take me out." I said getting out of bed.

"Whatever." She slammed the door. Why is she acting like former Maddie? Things were getting better.. at least I thought they were.
++
I brushed my teeth for what felt like the last time. I looked into my mirror and put my hair into a pony tail.

You may be wondering why I'd even think about taking my life while I had Maddie who was actually being a decent sister, an amazing boyfriend who's done nothing but love me, and my strong mom, who's starting to put time into me.

Everyday I wake up and I cant stop thinking about what's happened to me, and it's like it's happening all over again and my heart can't take it all.

I turn seventeen tomorrow.. Well my soul does. My heart wants to stay with Johnny, but my mind knows that this is better for me, I won't feel pain anymore. I won't have to wake up hoping life will get better.

This is for the better.
It's for me.
++
I walked downstairs making breakfast for myself. Maddie and my mom sat down at the table eating their eggs saying nothing. "Goodmorning." I said taking a seat.

"Hi Kenzie." My mom said not taking her eyes off her eggs. "I have work to get to. So I'll be doing that all day." She says picking up her plate rinsing it off in the sink.

I watched her quick actions. "Woah, you don't wanna sit down and talk to me and Maddie for a second?" I asked. Little does she know I'm not planning on being here tomorrow.

She looks at Maddie, then me. "You guys aren't going anywhere? You'll be fine." She says before grabbing her notebook and going back to the office. I sighed slowly mixing my cereal.

"Jack is coming. Stay out of our way please? Thank you." She smiled.

What the hell is going on with everyone today? Are you serious. Tomorrow is my birthday and no ones even talking about me, or the occasion.

I looked down letting a tear slowly fall as I blinked.
+
A knock was heard at the door. I washed my face before answering the door. Slowly turning the door knob I could make out that it was Johnny at the door.

He just stared at me not saying a word, but instead just pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes relaxing into the much needed affection. "I've been worried about you all night. I just wanted to come and see you. Your birthday is tomorrow you know that right?" He said pulling out of the hug to make eye contact.