Chapter 38

Emma's P.O.V. (haven't done one of these in awhile)

I storm out of Louis's dorm room and just let my tears fall. He plays with my heart all the time and I just let him.

This always seems to happen to me. I'm always the one who is broken. I love Louis, I really do. But, I can't keep on doing this to myself.

If he wants me to be happy, then he should've just let me be. I was happy with him, I probably never will be until I am with him again. But, that's the thing. I don't know if I will ever be with him again.

Our relationship was like a roller coaster. One minute we were the happiest people and completely in love. The next, we were at each other's throats and screaming the night away.

The only thing I don't know is this. Would I rather be without him and love just an okay life? Or would I rather go back and live on the crazy ride that we call love? I just don't know.

I dial the number that got me into this mess and wait for an answer. No matter what I do, he's always there for me.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Harry are you free?

"Yeah, I'll see you at that coffee shop you like in 10 minutes?"

"See you then."

Zayn's P.O.V.

I pace back in forth in the hospital, fearing for the worst. My wife is in a hospital room and I have no idea what's going on with her.

"Why won't they let me go in there?!" I ask Louis. He was nice enough to come down here to be with me.

"Zayn, they need to figure out what's going on with her before you can see her."

"But I'm her husband. I'm all she has." I say on the verge of tears. I'm scared, terrified for her.

"Zayn, just take a deep breath. It's going to be alright." He puts his hand on my back in attempt to comfort me.

I can't imagine my life without her if she left. She completes me and without her, I am nothing. I new her to be by my side as my wife and as my soulmate. I love her so much and I just can't lose her.

"Malik?" A nurse calls and I jump up from my chair. I rush over to her, probably looking like a lunatic.

"Are you a brother or-"

"I'm her husband, m'am." I cut her off.

"Alright, well you can go back. But, sir I must warn you that she isn't doing well." She says with concern.

"Please, I just want to see her." I say and she lets me go back. I walk into the hospital room and try not to cry. Rachel's skin is sickly pale and she doesn't look well. I rush over to her side and sit next to her, taking her little hand in my big one.

"Rachel?" I ask, hoping for an answer.

"Zayn. I'm so glad to see you." She smiles. I smile back, a few tears running down my face.

"I'm glad to see you, too. How do you feel?" I ask.

"In all honesty, terrible. But, I feel better now that you're here." She starts to cry.

"I'm so sorry to put you through this, Zayn. This is all my fault and now you have to take the fall for it. I'm going to fight as hard as I can to stay, but I don't know if I can win." She weeps.

"Rachel, you can let go. I hate you see you in pain. I love you too much to put you through that. I won't think anything less of you if you let go." I cry too.

"I'm sorry that I did this to you."

"Don't be sorry for making me fall in love with you. I love you, Rachel Malik, so much." I kiss her on the forehead.

"Can you kiss me? One last time, I want you to be the last thing that I-"

"You don't need to finish that sentence. And of course I will." I lean in to kiss her and savor her lips on mine. I pull away and look at my beautiful wife.

"I love you, Zayn."

"I love you, Rachel." I smile and watch her close her eyes. She looks at peace just as the heart monitor makes a long beep. I sit and cry in my hands, knowing that I'll never get to see her again.

I can't be mad at her for leaving this world, God just got the best angel he's ever going to have. I keep sobbing as I walk out of the room. Louis looks at me with concern and runs over to me.

"Zayn, what happened? Are you alright? How's Rachel?" He asks.

"Rachel is gone. She's in a better place now. I don't want to overwhelm you with my tears so I'm just going to go." I walk towards the door.

"Zayn, wait but-"

"Please, Louis. I just want to go home to my empty house and grieve, alright?" I walk out of the hospital and to my car. I don't know how I'm going to live with out her. I just lost the love of my life.