11. Emotions

You opened your eyes feeling slightly light-headed. You blinked a couple of times, as your brain registered that you were not in your own bed. You sat up quickly, which was a mistake, the funny feeling in stomach came back and you felt your head spin.

You looked around trying to remember what happened before you lost consciousness. You remembered the conversation with Haru and Present Mic, and then you left the station. You felt shit threw up, and that was the last thing you remembered. You sat on the bed, feet falling to the floor. It was then that you noticed your legs were bare, and all you had on was a large men's T-shirt, which was not yours. You squealed and hid back under the covers.

The doors opened, and you felt like you were going to faint, seeing the man walking into the room with a smile on his face. He had his civilian clothes on, his long blonde hair down around his shoulder, and normal glasses on. He had on a tracksuit and a V-neck white t-shirt, which made the muscles under them a bit more visible. You blushed but couldn't move your eyes away from his body. He walked closer and smiled at you. He put a glass of water and a cup of hot tea on the shelf next to the bed and took some medication out of his pants pocket.

"You're awake," he said happily, giving you the cup with the hot drink, "here, drink it. I'll go make you something to eat so you could take your medication." As he stood up you stopped him, which was your second mistake that day. It was only then that you noticed you didn't have your gloves on. You felt all the memories from yesterday rush through your body, and he felt the insecurities you felt in that moment. You could normally control what you wanted to send to others, but you were taken off guard. You jerked your hand away from him and looked around, visibly afraid, for your gloves. All the memories swimming around your head made you feel even sicker than you already had. How could you tell him all those things... act like that? You found enough courage to look at him and saw him looking back at you surprised. You used that moment of distraction to get up from the bed, throwing on your clothes, and prepared yourself to leave. You hastily put your gloves on that you found with your clothes on the chair next to the bed. When you were about to leave, he gripped your wrist and stopped you, "You're not going anywhere. You're still sick," his voice had a serious tone, which put you off guard again. You looked down at his cold hands holding your wrist. "I'm not letting you go until you feel better!"

"I'm ok now," you said shyly, trying to avoid his firm gaze, "I don't want to be any more of a both..."

"Oh, will you stop this already," he yelled, making you jump. He made you sit down on the bed, and handed you the warm tea, "Just stop overthinking for once, will you!!" You felt your ears ache a bit when he used his quirk on you. When you didn't answer but took a sip of the drink, he got up and went into the kitchen and quickly came back with a plate of rice balls. "I'm not a good cook, so apologies'," he laughed awkwardly, putting the food next to you, "but please eat them even if they're disgusting. I don't want you to take those on empty stomach, ok?" You nodded again taking a bite of the rice. They were cold and a bit hard, but you didn't mind. The thought that he made them himself, for you, while he was worried made you smile.

"I'm sorry," you finally spoke, "For yesterday, and for now." You bushed knowing that you transferred to him all the uncertainty you had towards yourself and him. It was just a couple of seconds, but whenever you're nervous or caught off guard the speed of information traveling is increased, and you can't control what you send to people.

"You don't need to apologize for anything," he said, putting a string of your hair over your ear, "But I do believe we have some things to talk about." You blushed and looked down, "starting with me giving you a lecture about leaving your house when you have 39* temperature!" He said it and he did it. You felt weird hearing his stern tone, giving you an angry talk about how irresponsible you are and how he doesn't want to see that type of behavior happen again. Even though you were scolded, you couldn't help but smile and chuckle when he finished.

"I'm sorry," you said, still laughing which took him by surprise. It was the first time he heard your true and honest laugh, and it was like music to his ears. He loved it. It was girly and very cute. "But it sounded like a father scolding his daughter," he raised his brow and laughed out loud.

"Well, if you're into it, I can try to make it a regular thing," you widened your eyes and looked down, not believing he just said that. Even though you never had anyone to talk to you like that, Mia wasn't a shy girl and always made some naughty jokes. She even talked to you about her sex life, even when you didn't want her to. You stiffened at feeling his hand on your head, "Apologies, I went too far."

"What I said yesterday..., "you started, knowing that if you won't make it right NOW, it will never happen, and you would hate yourself for it. "Can you forget about it," you asked, biting your lip, "I wasn't in my right mind. If I wasn't feeling as awful, I would probably never find the courage to say that to you."

"Find the courage," he interrupted you, smiling, and moving close to you, "so the means you meant what you said? That your words were true?" You paused and opened your mouth for a second only for it to close. He was so close. His green eyes were looking straight into you E/C eyes like they were trying to see through you and into your mind. Were they true? Did you really start to fall in love with him? If you did, he ... No, you can't tell him that. He was always so nice, and he would probably try to make you feel better and..., "If it will make you feel better, you send me your emotions and see mine since you probably won't believe me if I told you, right?" You looked back, surprised to see the humor in his perfect eyes. You looked at your hands and swallowed, thinking whether it was a good idea. "Let me help you," he said, taking one of your hands into his and started to take off your gloves. You closed your eyes when you felt the touch of his cold fingers on your warm hand. It was too late for you to back down. You were sending him all the anxious and depressing moments since you met him. All those thoughts you kept to yourself, all those feeling you had toward him, where now in his head. You took your hand away and turned your head, put your gloves on. You were scared to move, scared to look back into his eyes. You were too scared to see what you would. You were never so vulnerable to anyone in your entire life. Not even Mia.

You closed your eyes, feeling a bit dizzy. You were using your quirk when your body was out of the proper energy to deal with it. You felt your temperature rise again and the knot in your stomach tightened.

"Don't ever think like that, about yourself," he hissed, making you open your eyes in surprise, "you are smart, kind-hearted, and a beautiful woman. Just because those bastards didn't see it, doesn't mean you should think of yourself so poorly," his voiced raised and he got up. "You should have called me or Mia when you feel like that! I should have been there for you when you needed me," he hid his face in his hands, feeling useless, powerless. He knew how hard you took all this but would never think that all your thoughts were so dark.

You looked at him and felt bad. You didn't want him to blame himself for anything. It made you feel weird to see him so vulnerable, but this image in front of you made you feel strong. You took a deep breath and stood up to walk over to him. You could feel how he paused, feeling your touch on his arm as you pulled them down to look at his beautiful eyes.

"I never wanted you to blame yourself for my unstable mind... I never wanted to see you like that. I am who I am because of my past. It's hard to forget that. That's why I never let anyone too close to me. When I felt you getting closer, I decided to push you away for your own good. I am not special. I am not a hero, I am not beautiful like Mia, even my quirk is more villainous than heroic. I'm sorry if my selfish thinking brought you any pain. I never wanted it. I fell in love with the happy you. With the beautiful voice of the man on the other side of the radio. With the hero who made others happy just by using his voice. You were the first hero I ever accepted and meeting you was," you stopped when you felt him take your other hand and removed the glove from it, putting your hand to his heart. You stiffened, feeling all his emotions flying through you. From last night, from the first time you met, all the times you were together, times when you ignored him, and all the way up to this moment. When he put your hand down you felt tears running down your cheek. You looked up at him smiling at you so beautifully, so gentle. He felt the same way. He kissed you. Gently cupping your cheek and a hand at your back bringing you closer. Holding tight like he never wanted to let go of you. Ever again.