Chosen

Lienna can still remember when the princes were young; smiling, laughing little tricksters. Of course, Lienna was a child when they were. She was just a slave girl; instead of frolicking with the princes like most of the children in her part of town did, she made sure life in Asgard was good for her wealthy but abusive owner, a baron.

As she grew up, she learned all she could about the palace that towered over the mansion she worked in. Luckily, her owner was big on gossip and only accepted the juiciest details from spiteful visiting guards and maids as well as lesser known royalty.

Her life got progressively better. The baron had retired her from most of her duties and kept Lienna around for hosting and entertainment. Men from all nine realms came to marvel at the baron's little beauty. Being quite a fair maiden, she was arranged to marry the baron's son before any other man could get his hands on such a prize. He wasn't like his father in any way, kind hearted and attractive.

But as she came of age for marriage, so did the princes she had long forgotten about. And then, in the dark of night, guards and nobles arrived and took her away.

Lienna couldn't believe it. She was chosen.