Chapter 19

*Unedited*

1 week later

"Mr. Salvay, there is someone here to meet you."

"Who's it?" Ethan asked dismissively.

"Bianca Salvay." The receptionist informed. "She says she's your sister-in-law." .

*Flashback*

Bianca sat on the bed with her back resting against soft pillows. Her hands held a copy of the documents she had signed about agreeing to continue the pregnancy. After re-reading it, she put them aside and lost herself in deep thoughts. It had been a little over 4 months since Luke had first come into her life. So much had changed since then, some for bad, some for good.

But the things that had changed for bad, the relationships that had turned sour...she wanted to fix that because whatever problems the Salvay brothers had with each other....she was at the center of it.

But before she could to try fix the problems between them, she needed to clear the air between her and Ethan.

*Present*

Ethan frowned a little while wondering what Bianca was doing at his place. The last time they had any interaction with each other was over a month ago. He wasn't too proud of what he'd done, but his ego didn't want him to admit it.

However, he was interested to know the reason why Bianca wanted to see him. "Fine. Send her upstairs." He said before hanging up.

"Ma'am? You can go upstairs." The receptionist said, snapping Bianca out of her thoughts.

Ethan didn't live in a penthouse like Luke did. Although, the building he lived in was posh and expensive-looking in its own right. When Bianca reached the floor Ethan lived on she rang the bell on his door and took a step back, waiting for him to open it. She looked around her and noticed the other doors on the floor, all made of dark wood. For a fleeting second she thought about other people that must live here. But before she could ponder over that thought, the door opened.

Ethan stood there in a casual jeans and T-shirt.

After an awkward exchange of greetings, Ethan stepped aside to allow Bianca to come in. For a few seconds after he'd shut the door, they battled silence, trying to determine what to say to each other.

"I found out the gender of the baby the other day." Bianca started. "It's a boy." She glanced at him to see him standing in the same spot. He didn't say anything.

"Look, I know there have been problems between us. I never meant for all that to happen. I understand what makes you so protective about your brother but, you must know that I'm not here to hurt him, or anyone else in this family." Ethan's brows drew closer when he saw her get some papers out of her purse. "If this is what it takes to earn your trust..."She trailed of, handing the postnuptial papers to him, "then so be it. I found them in Luke's study."

At that moment, the word surprise didn't even begin to capture the emotion Ethan felt. He looked down at the papers in his hands and back at her.

"Also, I don't know why you feel like I'll play with Luke's emotions by pretending that the baby I'm carrying is his. Ethan, the truth is that this baby is mine and his. I know that my words aren't enough to make you believe anything. That's why, I've requested my doctor to directly fax you a copy of the parental tests I had gotten done. It's a proof that my baby is indeed your family's blood. The fax should be reaching you anytime now..." As if on cue, Ethan's fax machine beeped somewhere in his apartment but he didn't move from his place.

"This is all I could do to make you see that what you think about me is wrong." She said, hoping that all the doubts in his mind go away.

After a few moments, Ethan nodded slowly. "Fine. I believe you."