Chapter thirty six ~ an encounter

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for being late. I'm kinda struggling with school and exams right now, but I'll -hopefully- be able to post another chapter soon. We're nearing the end aldready~

So they continued on. Nothing significant happened for the next few months, and that in itself was very significant, considering their lives.

Tae, Jimin and Jungkook were happy with each other; Yoongi and Hoseok hadn't been bothered by bullies for a while, though they were a little sad that Bogum didn't stay over with them as much anymore. Bogum, on the other hand, was very happily dating Irene, his biggest childhood crush. They looked so cute together even Jungkook couldn't help but fanboy whenever they did something even mildly romantic.

Tae and Bogum started working in Namjoon's company as trainees, soon to take over the job as co-CEO's a year after they graduated from high school. Namjoon was not giving them a break at work, and the closing final exams were eating Tae away. On top of that was his obsession to make his parents have the perfect second wedding, which was happening in June (six months after the proposal). He kept waking up in the middle of the night to look for better wedding places and flowers and reception dinner menus... This act was both annoying and alarming his boyfriends, making them more and more on edge as the time passed.

Jimin was spending most of his time around his boyfriends, taking care of Taehyung and helping him cope with the stress, meanwhile Jungkook helped them both study. This helped when the exam days finally arrived, as they were feeling more than ready. They had been studying for months to clear Tae's mind off from the wedding. It all passed like a breeze.

It was noon of the friday before the wedding, they only had one exam left. Bogum was in an empty classroom with Irene during lunch break, 'studying'. Hoseok was basically dying out of stress, as he had been the last couple of weeks. Yoongi suggested that they'd go to the toilet to wash their face, and Hoseok just nodded. He couldn't even find the words to speak. Jimin came along with them too, just in case.

That was both one of the best things that he had done, and his worst mistake. But he was oblivious to that at that moment.

As they made their way to the toilet, Jimin took Yoongi's hand.

"I'm sorry for the last couple of weeks." he mumbled. "I've been really busy with Taehyung and I... neglected you guys. I will make up for that during summer. I promise."

"It's ok Jiminie. I know you will, and you don't have to. I know you'll always be there for us when we need you."

Jimin just smiled at that. He appreciated his friend's trust, he was going to do all he could to not fail him.

Once in the bathroom, Jimin went in one of the stalls to... you know... while Hoseok started washing his face frantically.

"Hey, Hoseokie." Yoongi put a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. "You're going to do fine."

"How do you know that? We have an english exam! I'm going to fail and that'll be the end of it. My parents will never be able to give me the money I need if I fail the class and have to go to school for one more year! I need to start working so I can save a little bit up for college. But I know I have failed the other exams and I'm going to fail this one too."

"No you haven't. You're very smart and hardworking and you haven't failed anythi-"

Yoongi was cut of by people, two kids to be exact, walking into the boys restrooms.

"Well well well." Jiyong smiled. "Or was that too villain-y?"

"Shut up for a second Jiyong." Seunghyun rolled his eyes. Then he turned back to Yoonseok and smiled. For an outsider, he might have looked like a guy too happy to see his old friends who have moved out of town. "I missed you guyss!!"

"Eh... Jimin?" Hoseok said shakily.

"Get out of our lives already." Yoongi snapped back. "I hate you from the bottom of my heart."

"Awhh. First you get a bodyguard and now you say you hate us? You're hurting my feelings sugar~" Seunghyun cocked his head. "Nobody gets away with hurting my feelings."

He was just about to grab Yoongi from his collar when Jimin dashed out of the stall.

"Get away from him you sick asshole."

"Oh. Is this little creature the one who is assigned to protect you? You couldn't have done better? Seriously?" he laughed. Jimin was standing in front of the bully and his friends now, he signaled them to go for the door. They were too close, but Jiyong was blocking them. Yoongi, surprising everyone including himself, hit him right in the face as a distraction. As Jiyong stumbled back Hoseok managed to get out, running back to Tae and Jungkook to get help. Yoongi made a move to run but when he saw Jimin in the corner of his eye, he decided to stay.

"Get out of my way loser." Seunghyun pushed Jimin back against the stalls, where he hit the back of his head, hard to the edge of the door. He staggered standing up for a second before he fell down. The pain that shot through his whole body was making him unable to breathe, let alone open his eyes. He felt like he was struggling for one last breath, trying to hold on a little longer. No. He wasn't giving in. He had people who needed him.

As the ringing in his ears died down he was able to open his eyes again, through the blur he saw the silhouette of a really tall guy moving towards a small person. The smaller one was being held back by an older-looking guy with orange-ish hair. He blinked a couple more times to get out of the trance.

"Don't you dear hit me you motherf-" the small-ish guy was screaming. He was trying to kick him away and struggling to get out. Jimin had a hard time recognizing the guy's face for a second, but he saw exactly through him. He was someone who acted tough and angry, but deep down Jimin knew he was terrified. He raised his head to look at him directly in the eye.

At that moment, everything was clearer than they had ever been in his entire life.

"Yoongi!" he stumbled up and ran to the fight, losing no more time. He had only one thought in his head: 'I was too late many other times, I'm not going to be too late now.' With that adrenalin rush, he was almost invincible for a second. He pushed Seunghyun away from his friend and took Yoongi's hand. He pulled on Yoongi so hard that Jiyong was forced to loosen his grip on him. He took him and slipped out of the door.

His boyfriends were waiting for him, they offered to take him to the infirmary, but the bell rang and they decided they'd just head to class instead as Jimin felt absolutely nothing wrong except a little headache.