Arc 1: Magic Space

They were back in the white room filled with white furniture.

Cerise stood frozen, still shocked. He had died again.

He didn't use the life-saving potion from the Starter Pack. He had wanted to use it on Aiden if he was ever in trouble.

He put his hand over his heart where he was stabbed. He felt. . . Empty. Was it Aiden?

He admits, at first it was his handsome appearance along with the mysterious aura. From there it kind of grew into something more, something Cerise wasn't really familiar with.

He had thought that these feelings for Aiden was due to his dragon nature that craved and was possessive of beautiful things. He hadn't really thought deeply about their relationship. It came naturally, like a breath of fresh air. It was new but he loved it.

Loved?

He told him he loved him and he responded the same.

He said it due to adoration. Was it that kind of love? Perhaps it was unconscious but he truly loved him? He liked his gentle demeanor, his pampering tone and attitude, he loved Aiden's smile as if it was only for him to see. He liked his everything.

Jing was hesitant. He knew what his host was feeling.

[System: . . . Host. . . I think you fell in love. ]

I fell in love?

. . . . . . He's right. I loved him.

And he didn't even get to say goodbye.

He left him even when he promised to stay forever.

He broke their promise to each other.

Tears started overflowing, burning his eyes, clear streaks running down his face as they dropped to the ground like falling stars. He felt like he was dying. His chest ached painfully and he started wheezing, crying out with agony. He cried heartbreaking sobs. He was drowning from regret.

System Jing was informed about most details of his host's life. His so-called "friends" from the past were actually taking advantage of his denseness and using that to get close to him. They subtly flirted with him, gave him gifts, protected him, just so their feelings could be returned. It seems his host hadn't awakened any feelings for them and got used to this act of courting and just identified it as acts of friendship. Only his host would be so clueless. But he was surprised.

He guessed this man was different.

Jing silently watched his host's heart break down little by little. What Fairy Godmother was he? He felt useless at a critical time such as this.

He promised himself, he'll do better. Anything to make his host happy.

Jing, using his telekenisis powers, moved Cerise to the pure white bed and gently tucked him in. He had cried himself to sleep.

. . .

It was only after a short year in the time-frozen space did Cerise recover enough for him to continue.

[System: Host. . . Are you ready? ]

Cerise nodded gently, "Yes."

[System: You now have a total of 2700 points. Would you like to browse the Magic Stall? ]

"Maybe later."

System then asked carefully.

[System: Would you like to know what happened afterwards? ]

Cerise stiffened for a second then nodded. He wanted to know what happened to Aiden.

[System: After you. . . Passed away. Due to the efforts of both you and King Aiden, the enemies were wiped out fairly quickly even with the disadvantage in numbers. King Aiden seemed to have gone to a crazed state and had finished off the rest of the enemy forces himself. He then captured the kings, princes, and princess Rose to the palace where he tortured them for a decade before they died. During those years he had adopted a young boy to train as the next heir and then finally committed suicide due to heartbreak after the boy was old enough to rule. It was said that he died in a garden of roses he planted himself in which nobody was allowed in. The young boy had built a statue of you and King Aiden together as a memorial and was from then on became a place of worship and prayer for decades to come. ]

Cerise silently took in the information. It broke his heart that Aiden had died because of him, but it also made him happy that he has still loved. He thought about the roses.

System fidgeted with slight excitement before continuing. He knew this would cheer his host up.

[System: Also, Jing doesn't know how, but that man had surprisingly left you a special gift. ]

Cerise's eyes brightened. A gift from Aiden?

A burst of golden light appeared then dispersed to reveal a gorgeous sword. The blade was made of the most strongest metal and the handle was made of pure gold with finely inlaid jewels. On one side of the blade was an engraving that read "A+C" surrounded by elegant roses.

[System: Jing was also very surprised! This sword actually comes with a passive affect. The owner of this sword inherits the abilities of a swordmaster!! ]

Cerise was shocked but happiness glowed in his eyes, then he laughed, "Ahaha~ He really isn't romantic at all, giving me a sword." He smiled, lovingly caressing the blade. He then had Jing hang it on the wall next to his bed on display. He looked around and found that his white room became a bit bigger?

As if reading his mind,

[System: Host's soul also becomes stronger from completing tasks and worlds which reflects from your magic space (room). ]

I see.

[System: Host~ Shall we go to the next world? ]

Cerise nods. This time, he'll be more prepared. The last world opened up his eyes. He has learned that the world may not necessarily follow the storyline, just the basic outline of it. And the plot was obviously biased. What "beautiful and gentle princess"? The plot was probably written in that princess's perspective.

Jing started the countdown.

[System: We'll start transferring now in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . ]