237

"I-is he dead?" The woman spoke to me, but all I was seeing was Amelia's face. She was sat against the tree, tied to the trunk by me, using the rope they had. I tighten the ropes so she couldn't break free, kneeled in front of her.

"Stop talking." I say in grief while avoiding looking at her. All I was seeing was Amelia, and all I was hearing was Amelia. I couldn't snap out of this, I was going crazy.

"But-"

"Just shut up!" I shout, looking at her and seeing Amelia as she flinched. I instantly turn away because I couldn't look at her like this. She is not Amelia, but it was all I was seeing and hearing. I don't know why I'm like this right now. Why would I be hallucinating?

I got up and walked over to the man that looked like me, dragging him to the tree across from hers and using the remainder of the rope to tie him up as well. I avoid looking at his face, trying to make this easier on myself. I tied him tight to the trunk as his temple was bleeding, the sounds of the sniffles and whimpers a soundtrack the entire time by the girl. He wasn't dead, he was still faintly breathing. I finish tying him and stand back up between the five meters of space between them.

I rubbed my eyes a few times, looking back at girl to see if it has worn off but I still locked eyes with Amelia.

"Fuck sakes!" I kick the backpack on the floor so it flies to the trees. I crouch down to the floor and put my head in my hands, not understanding why I couldn't get the images of my myself and Amelia on these two people out of my head. I stayed still for a moment, head in my hands so all I saw was darkness as the girl was still fighting tears.

I slowly turn my head up and to my left to look at the girl against the tree. I still saw the face of Amelia and she was staring me right in my soul.

I stare at her silently for what felt like a century as she was shaking in nerves the entire time. A light tear shot out of her right eye and down her inflamed cheek as it was like Amelia was crying in fear, a look I've sadly seen far to many times since knowing her.

I move closer to her, causing her to push her knees up against her chest in fear, wrapping her arms around her squeezed shins.

I sit on my knees right in from of her so we were less then a meter apart. I analyzed ever little aspect of her face, and every curve and dip was exactly like Amelia's. I reach my hand out and bring it to the right side of her jaw, holding her cheek and running my finger down it. She flinched at my action and stared at me like I was insane.

"I need to kill you." I whisper to myself, but I forgot she could hear me.

She sniffles and fought back more tears, holding her legs against her body so tight as I stroked her jaw.

"W-why haven't y-you yet then?" She stutters a weak answer, barely making sense of her words due to fear.

"Because when I look at you, all I see is her." I say while running my thumbs across her cheekbone.

"W-who?" She asks while I bring my hand down.

"My fiancé, the mother of my child." I whisper.

She looks at me in shock, surprised most likely. I stay sat on my knees in front of her, still seeing Amelia.

"Y-you have a child?" She stutters.

"And looking at you, I can only see the woman I love. But I know you're not her. And you're someone I need to kill." I hold up my gun to her forehead, making her cry out in fear.

"No please! I-I didn't do anything!" She screams out as I hold the gun to her forehead. "P-please! I have a family, a mom, a dad, a sister. I never wanted to hurt anyone! I'm only eightt-een!" She pleaded while pinching her eyes shut, choking and stumbling on her words.