Chapter seventeen

*pls look at how hot daddy dominic is.

okay thanks :)*

ANNALISE POV

A couple of weeks had passed, and the due date of the ball had grown very close.

Too close for my liking.

For it was tonight that I am to be introduced to the Florenian subjects as not only their princess, but one of their future rulers. Though the queen does not make any decisions solely as kings do, she does help to aid and persuade them quite a bit. This bit of knowledge I picked up from the kingdom's book. 

To say my emotions were mixed would be a complete and total understatement. On one hand, my heart swelled at the thought of what could come out of this. I have been living at the castle with my daddies for almost a year now, and though the relationship was forced, I can truly say that I am developing real feelings for them.

Maybe developing wasn't the right word. I have real feelings for them, and strong ones at that. My situation could be so much worse, and this place and its inhabitants had certainly come to grow on me.

Yes, of course I miss my home and my family along with my friends. But this place was home now, and I had excepted that finally.

And on the other hand, it still boggles my mind that I would be becoming a real life princess. Not the kind you were told about as a young child before being put to bed, but a true real life princess.

I shake my head, trying not to focus on that part and rid my swarming thoughts from the containment's of my mind.

"Miss Annalise? It is time for you to be getting ready now. The kings have sent us in to assist you." A dressing maid knocked on my open chamber door twice lightly before she enters.

Time was going by too quickly.

I send her a gracious smile before hoping off of my place on the bed, where my feet would dangle off, before landing flat footed on the hard wood floors beneath me.

"The dress you picked out was quite lovely. It is going to match the kings suits very well." She smiles out at me, a little bit nervous.

"I can't wait to see their choice of clothing! I hadn't allowed them to see mine. I truly am in love with the ball gown, and would like it to be a surprise for them." I gush to her, just like a teen girl who was excited for her first dance would do to a group of friends or best friend.

Again, not entirely inaccurate.

The maid named Cora helps me down into a white cushioned spinning chair, guided by golden rolling wheels on the bottom. Her hands work with a sense of authority but also one of delicacy as they shape up my eyebrows and apply various powders and such to my face. To finish off her look, she adds a soft pink lip to my own lips, instructing me rub them together gently.

Next, she plugs in what appears to be a curling iron to let it heat. Her hands work to section off my blonde mane, picking up pieces and pinning them all over. She picks up the wand, creating a loose curl on each of the pieces. She lets everything down and ruffles out my hair, instructing me to shake it out which I of course oblige to, following the given instruction.

Lastly, she takes a smaller tool and creates a tight curl on the pieces of hair that frame my face. She gathers the hair and creates an updo, leaving out the curled baby hairs that helped to frame my heart shaped face.

I look in the mirror at her handy work and smile widely. I absolutely loved it.

"Thank you so much Mrs.Cora!" I exclaim out, and jump up to hug her.