*12* Goblins *12*

It takes no longer than twenty minutes for Bilbo to be completely packed up and headed to the entrance of the cave. I sit and watch the whole time he packs with a sorrowful look. It would seem that my attempt at getting him to stay was in vain. 

Just as Bilbo attempts to leave, Bofur spots Bilbo and stops him, giving me time to get up and limp over to them, still in slight pain. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Bofur asks bluntly, a curious expression on his face. 

"Back to Rivendell," Bilbo responds, almost sadly.

"No, no, you can't turn back now, you're part of the Company. You're one of us," Bofur says, trying to convince Bilbo to stay.

"I'm not though, am I? Thorin said I should never have come, and he was right. I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins, I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door," Bilbo says staring out into the night regretfully. 

"Bilbo, you're more your mother than you'll ever know. You belong on this quest," I quietly insist, leaning against the wall beside Bofur to relieve the remaining pain from my legs.

"You're homesick; I understand," Bofur attempts before Bilbo interrupts him.

"No, you don't, you don't understand! None of you do - you're dwarves. You used to - to this life, to living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere. Even you Ambrosia!"

The moment after Bilbo's words leave his lips I feel a slight tug of sadness in my heart, frowning a bit alongside Bofur. Bilbo's eyes instantly go wide at what he said, and he instantly goes to try and apologize.

"I am sorry, I didn't..."

Bofur gives a tight smile to Bilbo before saying, "No, you're right. We don't belong anywhere. I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do."

Bofur lays a hand on Bilbo's shoulder for a moment before walking away. 

Bilbo turns to me, and I decide to brush past what he had said, and ask, "You were planning to leave without me?"

Bilbo's guilty expression falls to the ground again for a moment before he looks back up at me. 

"You don't really want to leave, Ambrosia. I can see it in your eyes, and I think so can a few of the others. You've- You've fallen for him," Bilbo whispers so that only I can hear him. 

My eyes widen and a light blush spreads on my cheeks as I whisper, "Who are you referring to?"

Bilbo gives me a slightly knowing look before whispering, "Thorin."

I blush a tad more before covering it up. I can't afford to fall in love. It's too dangerous, and love was not made for someone like me. 

Bilbo walks up closer to me, whispering, "You finally might have a chance at happiness. I can't take that from you."

My gaze softens for a moment before I notice something. 
Bilbo's sword is lightly glowing, which can only mean two things: Orcs or-

The floor falls from beneath the group before anyone can react, and I'm sent straight back onto my back, face to face with...

Goblins.

Jumping to my feet, my back gives a sickening crack and sends a stinging pain into my body, the herb from earlier apparently already worn off. The terrible pain rushes through my body, and I grimace.

Still, I attempt to push through the pain, swinging out my swords and slicing at the Goblins with the rest of the Company. But within moments we've all been overpowered, and the Goblins roughly shove us towards our doom.