| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 32 |

| Kaleb

When I sat awake at night envisioning the day I would bring my children into the world this is not at all what I had imagined. I had not thought that my mate would be rushing me back to the pack house in his arms as mind-numbing pain rolled through me. Nor did I think that I would be giving birth on the very day my kidnapper was killed. It was all very surreal and I just couldn't believe that it was happening.

 I am about to give birth to not one but two children, the thought alone was enough to stress me out but on top of that, the concern that the tonic I'd been taking impacted them negatively caused guilt to weigh me down heavily. I would never forgive myself if they didn't make it, all because I trusted someone I shouldn't have. But that's the story of my life. I trusted Jared and he betrayed me, I trusted Samira and she betrayed me. I'm stupid and gullible if it weren't for me my kids would be fine. 

A pained gasp tore past my lips causing Zev to look down at me with concern. I could feel through our bond that he was worried, sensed it in the way his hands would clench every so often. My arms around his neck tightened as another wave discomfort rippled down my spine. I whimpered, burying my face in his neck. I didn't deserve him, he deserved someone who wasn't weak and pathetic. Yet, he was stuck with an omega who was also a runt and is there anything more pathetic than that?

Hush, I love you and the three of you are going to be fine. I won't accept anything less, do you understand me? Zev barked through our link. I pressed my face further into his neck as tears began to stream down my face. Do you understand me? He repeated. I nodded, unable to respond in my thoughts or out loud. Good, now stop overthinking things and focus on the little ones. My lip wobbled as I nodded again.

Darren who was in wolf form ran silently beside us. He had sent Josh ahead to gather some of the pack mothers who weren't attending the pups. The former beta had taken off after he had been given the orders like a bat out of hell. Darren stayed back in case there were any rogues still lurking around. I was grateful to both of them, they both helped to save me from Jared and now they were helping me save my pups. I thanked the goddess for having friends like these. I don't know what I ever did to deserve them but I was grateful that I had them.

When we reached the pack house Darren shifted and ran up the front porch steps before damn near ripping the front door off of its hinges. Zev rushed in behind him and a panting Josh walked over to us with shorts in hands, he was wearing a pair himself although his chest remained bare. He tossed one to Darren who quickly put them on and held onto the other pair as he gestured for the alpha and my mate to follow him. They fell into step behind him quickly as they walked into the deserted living room

"Maryn and the others are in Samira's room. She said it was the best place for him to give birth." the Lunos informed us as he led our small party down the hall. 

Maryn was the oldest pack mother and possibly the wisest. She was the previous pack healer before Samira. Her own daughter would have taken the mantle but she passed away during the fight with the witch coven, so she took Samira under her wing and taught her everything she knew. If anyone would be hurt the most by Samira's betrayal, it would be her.

Zev walked into the room first, Darren and Josh remained by the door, keeping their distance. A small bed had been moved into the room and Zev sat me down on it begrudgingly. Josh tossed him the extra pair of shorts and he slipped them on. I could tell he didn't want me out of his arms. I quickly grabbed his hand to help us both through it. His much larger one wrapped around mine in a gentle grip as he knelt by the bed, emerald eyes shining with worry. He brought my hand to his lips before pressing them against my knuckles. I gave him a small watery smile, the best I could muster. He smiled back weakly.