Chapter 4: Uptight-Baby

1:21 p.m

Mahogany Ross POV

I bounced the basketball as I walked into the basketball court

I bounced the basketball as I walked into the basketball court. There wasn't a lot of people today as usual so that was good. I looked around and spotted my friends sitting on the bleachers. I walked up to the them and smiled once they'd noticed me.

"Wassup, fools?" I threw the ball to Omar.

"Yo, that was powerful." He said laughing.

He threw the ball back, "Sorry." I laughed.

I went ahead and started shooting the ball through the basket. I was literally just playing on my own as the others sat back and just chilled. That's when I spotted Callum and his 'crew' walk into the court. They all didn't have their shirts on. They had it hanging around their neck. I continued doing what I was doing until Omar came and interrupted me.

"Block!" He blocked the ball from going into the basket.

"Omar!".

"Come on, girl, let's play. I'm ready to whoop yo' ass!" He laughed.

"A'ight, bet!" I raised a brow and threw him the ball.

"Check." I bounce passed the ball to him.

We began playing together for quite sometime but I got distracted when Callum and his guys were cheering on the other end of the court. I turned around and saw Kain hanging off of the basket so I assumed he was the one the scored the points. He let go and hit the ground with his two feet and looked at me. He licked his lips and gave me a head nod.

"Maggie!" Omar yelled as he got my attention.

"Oh, sorry." I caught the ball and stumbled back a little.

Due to me not being focused, Omar did whoop my ass by 1 point. I was upset because I always beat his ass. I sat on the bleachers with the girls as Monty and Omar played a game between themselves. I looked at Kain who was wiping his chest and forehead with his towel.

"What are you staring at?" Natasha questioned.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"Why you lying, Maggie? Nat, she was full on staring at Kain." Athena pursed her lips.

"Oh, really?" Natasha's eyes widened.

Athena sat there telling Natasha everything that went down whilst I was staring at Kain play basketball. I quickly looked away once he turned around but he walked towards Monty and Omar. They slapped hands and they began talking about something that caused them all to laugh. My phone went off and I dug into my duffle bag to answer it.

"Hello?".

"Wassup, Maggie?" Prince spoke into the phone.

"Hey, Prince. I'm so sorry that I didn't get to see y'all go. How's the new house?" I asked.