Let Me Help You

19 here, 5 years after the Battle of Old Corona. (Y/N) helped to break Varian out of prison. It's pretty short, sorry.

Warnings: 15+ content, slightly saucy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"All you have to do is act natural, (Y/N)," Varian convinced, as he stoked the fire.

Varian and you had been planning a reconnaissance mission for months, aiming to gather information about Rapunzel and her friends. Only issue, the mission was to take place in a 'True Love Ball', where the couples of Corona came to show off themselves. Ugh. You were both fugitives, for crimes against the crown, so if you wanted information you'd have to do it quietly. Which meant going undercover as a couple. I mean, you were a couple, but that wasn't the point. You'd never been a couple in public.

"How the hell am I going to do that?" You said, throwing your hands up in the air. Varian looked at you out of the corner of his eye, and sighed.

"Just, hold my hand, and dance with me. It's not that big a deal," he shrugged, and went back to sticking his twig in the rising embers.

"I guess," you agreed, curling your arms around your knees.

A sudden thought struck you.

"Varian?" You asked, and he raised his head.

"What are we going to wear?" You laughed, gesturing down at your body, which was adorned with a muddy shirt and ripped trousers. He kissed your cheek.

"Got it covered," he said vaguely, and continued to poke the fire. You wrinkled your nose.

"I'm going to bed," you announced, getting up from the log. Varian looked over at you, his eyebrow raised in question.

"It's rather early, isn't it?" He coaxed, and you shrugged.

"Gotta prepare for tomorrow," you said, and started to walk off, but Varian grabbed your wrist.

"You can fall asleep here, I'll move you later," he smiled, and you mirrored him.

You sat down next to him and placed your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes in contentment as he wrapped his arm around your waist.

You smiled as he kissed your head, and sighed as you drifted off into dreams.

---------------------------------------------------------

"This is rather tight, isn't it?" You observed, holding up the dress in front of you. Varian walked over, taking it from your arms. He held it over your torso.

"I don't think so, it looks like it'll fit," he said, and you took it from him. You still weren't completely sure, but he shooed you off.

"Go, go, we only have an hour until the ball," he urged, and you rolled your eyes.

"An hour is an awfully long time," you reminded, but Varian shook his head.

"Not when you consider that we have to get to the ball as well," he reminded, and you widened your eyes.

"Crap," you muttered and went off behind a tree.

"No looking," you yelled, as you slipped off your shirt, leaving you shivering in your undergarments. You fiddled with the dress, its many folds confusing you, when you felt a strange sensation on your neck.

"Varian," you giggled, and he wrapped his arms around your bare stomach. He nipped at your neck, and you turned around in his grip, looking up at his face.

"An hour, remember?" You reminded, and he shrugged.

"As you said, an hour is an awfully long time," he smiled, leaning in to you.

You breathed in as he kissed you, rather forcefully, and rose your arms around his neck, fiddling with his hair. Varian bit your lip passionately, and you sighed slightly as he did so, making him tighten his grip on you.

You pulled at the bottom of his shirt, but he moved your hand back up to his neck.

"Let me help you," you whispered into his ear, as he started to nibble on your own, not objecting to your proposition. You brought your hands down to his waist, caressing his body as you did so, draping your fingers down into the small of his back.

You gripped the fabric and pulled it over his head, leaning in to kiss him as his lips became available. You slipped your tongue in then pulled it out again, teasing him. You curved your back, leaning into every crevice of his torso, his bare chest against yours.

Varian brought one of his hands up to your hair, and tangled his fingers into its locks. His other hand found its way rubbing up and down your back, tickling your bare skin.

"I love you," you breathed into his lips, and Varian loosened his grip on you in surprise. You took that as an opportunity to jump onto his hips, wrapping your legs around his torso. Varian staggered, then balanced you, one of his arms underneath you to hold you up.

"I love you too, (Y/N)," he whispered back, and broke away from the kiss. You stared at him, his tousled hair and blushed face matching your own. You leant against his forehead, kissing his nose lightly.

"We should probably get ready," you said breathlessly, and Varian leant against a tree, your legs still wrapped around his hips.

"Probably," he smirked, and began to kiss you again. You let him take the lead, his dominance making your heart ache, as you held his shoulders. It was innocent, or at least more innocent than before, but the softness of it made you melt. He pulled away and carefully place you down on the ground.

"I'm going to go and get changed now," he said, picking his shirt up off the floor. You nodded, smiling at him, running your fingers through his hair.

You picked up the dress, which was even more tangled from being dropped on the floor.

"Huh," you said confused, and began the process again.

This would take a while.