↳ two

SCREAMS WERE HEARD, ECHOING FROM THE GLASS DOME, as the scientist held down a lever that was connected to the pedestal as the girl stood on top of it

SCREAMS WERE HEARD, ECHOING FROM THE GLASS DOME, as the scientist held down a lever that was connected to the pedestal as the girl stood on top of it. She gasped in pain, collapsing to her knees. Her body shaking from the electrical currents that passed through her. She wrapped her arms around herself as she descended from the pedestal onto the ground, breathing heavily.

This was a normal day in the dome for her, if she failed to talk she would get shocked. Not to the degree that the Metaltron was getting but enough to cause more pain than a human could handle.

The scientist snared at her through the glass, lifting the lever, shutting the power off. "Talk!" He demanded, walking into the glass dome. "Why won't you speak!" He sneered, raising his hand to slap her when he was cut off but the Goddard.

"Simmons? Get them ready. We're coming down." Simmons let out an annoyed sigh, "Great! Just when things were getting interesting." he muttered under his breath, as he exited the glass dome. The girl let out a painful groan as she moved to lean against the pedestal, a stray tear falling down her cheek as the voices from the fob watch grow louder and louder, she put her hands over her ears to block out the familiar sound.

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

Outside the Cage, the Doctor, Van Statten, and Goddard exited the elevator. The Doctor frowned when he felt a familiar sensation brush through his mind as he entered the room.

"We've tried everything," Statten explained as he walked up to the cage door, punching in a code. "The creature has shielded itself but there are definite signs of life inside."

"And the other one?" the Doctor asked, curious. He'd said he had two.

"Never talks," Van Statten snorted. "Hasn't since I acquired her, she barely eats too, only plays the violin," he smirked.

The Doctor blinked. "Sorry, she?"

"Welcome back, sir," the scientist greeted. "I've had to take the power down. The Metaltron is resting."

"Metaltron?" the Doctor repeated incredulously.

"Thought of it myself." Van Statten stated proudly, almost bragging. "Good, isn't it? Although I'd much to prefer to find out its real name."

"It still seems to respond to her," the scientist commented, causing the Doctor to look at him, "Here, you'd better put these on," he turned towards the Doctor, he held out a pair of gauntlets, "The last guy that touched it burst into flames."

"I won't touch it then." the Doctor replied simply.

Go ahead, Doctor," Van Statten sneered "Impress me."

· ━━━━━ ·⚘· ━━━━━ ·

The Doctor walks inside the darkroom, as the door is locked behind him. "Look, I'm sorry about this," the Doctor apologized. "Mr. Van Statten might be clever, but never mind him. I've come to help. I'm the Doctor."