Twenty-Seven

« 27REUNION »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Talia's eyes rested on Alec's form as his eyelids flitted in his coma-like condition

~~~•~~~
Talia's eyes rested on Alec's form as his eyelids flitted in his coma-like condition.

His dark hair was wet, stuck to his sweat lathered forehead as he lay on the chair in Magnus' apartment.

She trailed her fingers over the crevices of his hand, created from years of fighting demons. Biting her lip, she looked up to see Izzy walk into the room, giving her a sad smile before kneeling down beside where the older girl sat on the floor.

Izzy had brought them to Magnus' through the portal he had created, Talia had been told, Jace had carried her through and allowed Magnus to heal her as quickly as possible. Once she had regained consciousness, she had immediately sought out Alec and hadn't left his side since.

Her injuries had not fully healed as she had told Magnus to help Jace first; his time with the werewolves not faring him well, so a red ring of raw skin still surrounded her neck as dried blood covered her skin.

"Alec."

Jace's breath hitched as he slowly entered the room, kneeling down on the opposite side of his parabatai. He gripped Alec's hand tightly in his, a gold glow surrounding their fingertips as Jace began reciting the words spoken in a parabatai ritual.

"Entreat me not to leave thee or to return from following after thee."

Alec jolted, his breath caught in his throat as the stone that was clasped in Alec's palm, that Talia had placed her hand over, dropped to the ground. Talia's eyes widened as she looked up at Jace, watching as his eyes moved to the stone and then up to meet hers, shock written in his features.

"What's happening?" Izzy asked quietly.

"He's slipping," Magnus said, his brown eyes shifting to Talia before moving to her and gently pulling her up and over to where Izzy and Clary stood as she shook her head.

Alec wheezed as Jace gripped his hand tighter, "Thy people will be my people, thy God will be my God.

When thou diest, I will die.

And there will I be buried.

The Angel do so to me."

The stone glowed dimmer as Alec exhaled deeply, his head sliding down the pillow until it rested, unmoving. Talia felt her heart drop as she watched Jace wrap his arms around his friend, cradling his lifeless body into him.

She turned to Isabelle, her eyes clouded over as she looked at her brother. Talia looked up at the ceiling, not wanting the tears to fall down her face before looking back at the pair.

"And more also..." Jace's breath hitched as he cried, "If aught but death part thee and me."

"Please don't leave me, Alec."