Chapter 8 - Unexpected

Chapter 8 – Unexpected

Dedicated to @leah904 who came closest to guessing what would happen in the fight club and more importantly who from Jon's past will cross paths with him.

Although I had gone through the text numerous times with the help of my team of editors, I bet you there might be things that still are not quite right. Note them down for me, please!

On the side - Picture of Jon

***

Jonathan

"Your fighters?" Avery's question snapped Jon from glaring at the overly touchy she-wolf to Avery then back to Bella.

Un-fucking believable, Jon thought.

No wonder why Pack Law was unsuccessful in permanently shutting down fight rings. They were basing their operations around the wrong profile and no one had thought to question the profile. It was simple and logical; therefore, it had to be true. How wrong had they been! The organized fight pits were not the mid-life crisis of mid to high ranking male werewolves.

Who would have thought a wanton she-wolf would be behind the organized crime fight rings? If Pack Law were to storm into this establishment right now, they would treat Bella as a victim of sex trade and not as the instigator of a fight ring. Who would even question the barely clad female? Her outfit alone, with or without a set of teary eyes, evoked the protectiveness of any sworn Pack Law official. Who would even suspect that the enticing she-wolf would be able to organize and control testosterone filled flea bags? Such things didn't happen and it was as simple as that and yet, here she was running the ring under Pack Law's noses.

He felt proud of Avery's sharp mind. She had paid close attention and detected that unintentional slip of possession in Bella's speech. He would have ultimately reached the conclusion that Bella was in charge, had he not been so distracted by Avery.

Jon couldn't understand why Avery needed to be here or why she was looking for an enforcer but he was willing to see what happened and ensure she was protected. It was obvious that her mate, whoever the bastard was, did not care enough to protect what is his. In Jon's eyes that lack of attention or concern for her whereabouts or for the education of their pups, automatically meant that her mate did not deserve her. That eased any guilt that Jon harbored about perusing a mated she-wolf. His intention was not to mate with her. No, he was just going to show her a good time - and if the Red Goddess was willing - steal a kiss or two.

Jon suddenly realized what was actually happening.

All those times that he had propositioned her with a quick lay just to annoy her, she had actually wanted it. What kind of a will power must she possess to deny herself the one thing she wanted?

Jon smirked because he knew he was not a bad specimen. He could really show her "some" good time. She wanted him. It felt so good to be wanted! Both his wolf and he felt very flattered at the thought. It was true that shifters of power had enormous egos, and Jonathan's Ego was inflated ever since he became the head of a Monarchy.

Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one who enjoyed Avery's company. Bella beamed a big smile in Avery's direction, acknowledging the redhead as a worthy client. Bella's transformation from seductress to a business woman was impressive, to say the least.

"Of course, you would notice." Bella stated her approval, then clapped her hands, "Boys, give us the room."

Bella's voice held a certain amount of power that Jon quickly recognized as a command. At least the profile had one thing right – she would have held high rank; had she been part of a pack.