29

the nakamotos stayed back in japan for only a week. but for saori and yuta, it felt like only yesterday that were unpacking. now there were barely enough room for souvenirs for their friends and boyfriends/girlfriends.

saori did end up buying johnny that black bodysuit as a joke. it was all yuta's fault. he pressured her! also, it's because yuta promised her he'll gift doyoung the same thing.

pranking his boyfriend and best friend? that was no-brainer!

there's only a day left and saori still has a lot of places in mind she'd want to revisit.

she was currently shoving different japanese snacks in her carry-on bag when she hears her grandma's voice.

she sneaks out of her room and is directed to yuta's room where she could hear the voices clearer.

saori just barges in, not caring about yuta's reaction since he does it all the damn time back at their house.

"what're you guys talking about?" she flops on the bed next to her grandma.

her grandma was holding a photo album showing yuta baby pictures of their fathers, who were brothers.

"look sao, i literally look like dad!" yuta points at the old photo, kinda freaked out.

saori looks at it and almost curses. she's careful about colorful language around her grandma so she wouldn't offend her.

"whoa, what the hell?" she reacts. "you look like dad too!"

"they're twins, dumbass." yuta seems to have no problem cursing in front of their grandmother.

"language!" he gets his ears pinched for that.

ha, serves him right.

"well, yeah no wonder we get mistaken as twins," saori grumbles, having to share yuta's features and personality.

"i know, be honored." yuta preens so saori throws a pillow at him.

their grandma suddenly remembers that she has to prepare dinner so she excuses herself, leaving the album for the two to browse.

the two continue looking through the album, reaching their fathers' college days, where yuta's parents had already met.

"hey look." saori points a picture of her aunt and uncle hugging each other. "they're already dating here!"

"gross." yuta makes a face. he doesn't need another recap of his parents' dramatic love story. his dad told him that every day when he was a kid. sometimes saori listened with him just for the heck of it.

as they flip through pages, they eventually reach the year where saori's parents meet so she shut it close.

"okay, i think we're done with this." she changes the subject and faces yuta with crossed legs. "let's go by the riverbank! it's the best spot to watch the winter sunset."

"sao." saori feels yuta wanting to talk about the topic but she needed to get out of the house first. she can't talk about that when her dad's around.

yuta sighs and grabs both of their jackets, heading downstairs. he informs his parents that he and saori will just take a walk and will be back before dinner.

his mom shoots him a worried look so he gives her a reassuring smile. "we'll be okay." he mouths to her.

hopefully.

probably.

doyoung is frowning and so is taeyong. the former hasn't taken his eyes off his phone the entire time.