Vol 3 Chap 71

XH 71

XH 71

In a courtyard, a fourteen years old girl could be seen training hard in knife throwing in a quiet atmosphere, accompanied by the occasional sounds of birds tweeting or insects cricking. The sun had not fully risen yet and the morning mist kept the girl from sweating too much.

This sight was truly rare in the Third Prince Long Zhu's residence, for this young lady was rumored to be silly, lazy and unworthy of her high ranked position.

The young lady with heavy labels pinned on her was the Third Prince's personal maid a.k.a the maid that the Third Prince had treated in a way one does to their favorite pet in most people's eyes. But to the inner maids and shadow guards of the Third Prince, they viewed the treatment differently because they knew better.

The kindness and everlasting patience whenever Xiao Hua made a mistake was totally different from how one would usually treat their own pet! Normally, the owner would teach their pet to learn from their mistakes or punish them if they had continued on with their mistake.

The inner maids and the shadow guards knew about their master's contracted beast and had witnessed their interaction. From it, they easily concluded their master was not treating Xiao Hua as a pet!

The Third Prince did not treat Xiao Hua as a sister, for he had not treated Long Lian that well despite the Third Prince being the princess' favorite brother. He managed to get that title for he was the one that treated her best compared to her other brothers. The inner maids and shadow guards had not seen their master personally clean his sister's face or acting like her personal carriage!

In the end, they could only conclude that Xiao Hua was someone special to the Third Prince. Whether Xiao Hua could be something more and permanent would depend on the Third Prince.

"Xiao Hua." A sexy looking lady with a voice that was designed to seduce approached Xiao Hua with a cotton cloth on her hand. Her beauty mark at the corner of the mouth was rather eye-catching under the early morning light. "The sun is rising."

Xiao Hua stopped her training and gave her personal assistant a tired smile. It was weird to have a personal maid under a servant. But then if she thinks of it in another way, it was likely that most high ranked and snobby maids usually treated the lower rank servants under them as their minions.

"Okay." Let's hope that Duan XiYing has no desire to kill her as most minion does towards their seniors. 

Duan XiYing gently wiped Xiao Hua's sweat from her face and neck before steering her towards the pavilion to rest and drink the prepared warm tea. After checking that Xiao Hua's hands were free from cuts, Duan XiYing headed back to the training ground.

The pain was a good motivator for Xiao Hua to train how to summon her knives out from the bracelet in a timely and proper manner. The period of mastering the summoning was a painful one.